- Control Center changelog
|Blacklist||Yes||Yes (ip ranges blocking allowed)|
|Whitelist||Yes||Yes (ip ranges blocking allowed)|
|Second level protection||Yes||Yes (configurable)|
|Base 64 check||Yes||Yes|
|User session protection||Yes||Yes|
|Session hijacking protection||No||Yes|
|Track failed login attempts||No||Yes|
|File Manager||Yes||Yes (Repair option included)|
|Protection against malicious user-agents||No||Yes|
01-Jul-2015: Released version 2.8.0
- Since this version, all changes (except database update) are referred to our Joomla 3.X branch due to our End-Of-Life policy of Joomla 2.5.
- Thanks to Chris Partsenidis for his suggestions to improve the extension!)
- + Database update until Jul 01 2015 (2 new vulnerabilities and 2 Joomla! core vulnerabilities added) (both versions).
- + Fixed bug on Htaccess protection (Only Pro versions).
- We obtained a 403 error applying the Disallow Access to Sensible Files option.
- + Fixed bug in Clear buttons (Only Pro versions).
- Fields where not successfully cleared using this button.
- + Fixed minor bugs and done some changes for clarity (Only Pro versions).
- + Removed Refresh buttons (both versions).
- After launching a manual task (File integrity, permissions or malware scan), summary tables automatically display latest results.
- + Changes on malware scan for clarity (Only Pro versions).
- Now we can see the name of infected files on Malware scan summary table.
- + New feature: Track failed login attempts (Only Pro versions).
- Now we can monitorize failed login attempts from backend and frontend and take actions against them.
- + Added new options to Cron tasks (Only Pro versions).
- Now we can launch tasks every 1,2,4,6,8 and 12 hours. These new options provides maximum flexibility for sites which are dealing with attacks.
- + Added xml as blacklisted extension in Upload Scanner (Only Pro versions).
- + Redefined style of Overall security status on Cpanel (Only Pro versions). (thanks for your suggestion, Esmond!)
- + Ability to change email's subject on file integrity notifications (Only Pro versions). (thanks to Josh for his suggestion!)
- + New language available: German (Only Pro versions). (thanks to to Astrid for her effort!)
23-May-2015: Released version 2.7.9
- + New feature: Upload scanner (Only Pro versions).
- Now we can check uploaded files looking for files with multiple extensions and forbid certain extensions.
- + Improvements in Web Firewall (both versions).
- Now we can exclude vulnerable extensions from exceptions. This way we can avoid security risks if we stablish an extension as exception which is vulnerable.
- + Improvements in System Info and Cpanel (Only J3X Pro versions).
- Now we can see the overall status of security and extension. This will give you an idea of the level of protection applied by the extension's settings, the ability to know more about each setting and the option to change it.
19-Apr-2015: Released version 2.7.8
- + Database update until Apr 19 2015 (6 new vulnerabilities added) (both versions).
- + Improvements in .htaccess protection (Only Pro versions).
- Now you can add your own code to the file and forbid direct access to files.
- + Recoding of some methods to avoid 'Strict Standards' warnings (both versions).
- Despite those warning are shown only when the server has incorrect values in some php fields (there are tons of links talking about this in Google), some users doesn't understand this and they think the extension has bugs.
- + New feature: Notify if File Integrity is wrong (Only Pro versions).
- Now we can send an email if there are modified files.
- + New feature: Performance (Only Pro versions).
- This feature has been designed to improve Joomla's performance. Now we can optimize and repair our mysql database.
- + New feature: Remove meta tag (Only Pro versions).
- Now you can delete Joomla's meta tag, which is used in some attacks to identify Joomla websites.
Jul 10 2015: Released version 1.1.6
- + New languages availables: German and Dutch (Astrid and Wouter, thank you very much for your excellent work!)
Apr 19 2015: Released version 1.1.5
- + Added info about latest Database optimization.
Jan 20 2015: Released version 1.1.4
- + Improvements in the console
- It has been redesigned to group the info in tabs and show a more detailed info of the server. Now you can also access both managed website's fronted/backend clicking on a button.
- + New features: Remote Backup and Extension Updates
- Now you can remotelly update all outdated extensions (which use the Joomla update mechanism) and launch a remote backup (requires Akeeba Backup and Securitycheck Pro)