Menu

Topic-icon Database initialization for all the sites

• Vilda
  • Vilda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5884 by Vilda
It would be great to have the option to initiate database and perform initial checks for all/selected sites by one click. Very usefull after bulk updates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5885 by Jose
Hi Vilda,
Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Do you mean launching a file integrity/permissions and malware scan after a bulk update?
If so I'm not sure if this could be accomplished because launching all tasks can take many many time.

Regards,
Jose

• Vilda
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5886 by Vilda
Replied by Vilda on topic Database initialization for all the sites
Hi Jose,
well, file integrity/permissions and malware scan can be triggered also automatically. What I am mainly missing is to initialize the database remotely after the (bulk) update. Each update changes/modifies the file which are the reported in file integrity scan results until I initialize each database and run the scan to set up the baseline again.
Vilem

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5887 by Jose
Hi Vilem,

You should not have to initialize the database on every scan. If you need to do that then you must increase the memory_limit (a php directive) or enable the "scan only executable files' to reduce the amount of memory needed.

Regards,
Jose

• Vilda
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5888 by Vilda
Replied by Vilda on topic Database initialization for all the sites
Hi Jose,
I am not sure I am getting you. The integrity scan after any update naturally find a bunch of integrity deviations (updated files, newly added files). Is there any way how to set up the new baseline for integrity scan other than re-initializing the database?
Vilem

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5890 by Jose
Hi Vilem,

Ok, I thought the file integrity scanner didn't end after launching a new scan. That's what I name as "Initialize Database" in Securitycheck Pro (this is, all data is deleted and a new baseline is created).

But if file integrity works fine you don't need to do that. If you set launching a file integrity in Cron every day all the info will be shown in Control Center after launching a "Refresh info" task (manually or using Cron).

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds