Topic-icon Gateway Timeout. Can't connect. and other random errors

• sjb1963
  • sjb1963's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 5 days ago #6015 by sjb1963
Ok. Now this is the SECOND reply to you that has been eaten by the forum. Grrr

I'm still seeing timeouts. I'm STILL seeing huge differences in the amount of time it takes to login on a site WITH this component compared to an identical site (actually a copy) without this component. Very noticeable. Also noticeable in odd ways surfing the site as well though haven't quite determined the rhyme to those yet.

On a side note, this is the only time I have ever seen any of my sites actually time-out (show me the CloudFlare page) on the backend. That's happened twice this morning and several times yesterday.
This is not a loaded server. In fact, 99.999% of the time the page you're looking at is the only one loading on the server. There IS something wrong here, but I don't know what it is and I don't have these issues with any other software.

So, how can I help you help me? What can I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 days ago #6019 by Jose

Ok. Now this is the SECOND reply to you that has been eaten by the forum. Grrr

I think this is caused by the GDPR plugin. Sorry about that.

So, how can I help you help me? What can I do?

Can I get access to the site to check some settings? I need an administrative account. Also, can you ask your hosting provider about the timeouts? They can check server logs and see if there is something (a query or other setting) causing them.

Regards,
Jose

• sjb1963
  • sjb1963's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 5 days ago #6021 by sjb1963
Sure, I'd be happy to share the login info with you. Will this post be public at any point?

Also, I am on AWS - Lightsail and using runcloud for server management. I guess you could say I AM the host. I'm a Microsoft Network Engineer that made the move to web design about 15 years ago and can't claim anywhere near that sort of ability with Ubuntu, but conceptually, I get it and can generally muddle through with the help of Google. :)

So, if I know what I'm looking for, I can definitely handle that. The logs I am seeing so far are not showing me anything useful.

More
2 years 5 days ago #6025 by Jose
If you're a Microsoft Engineer then I'm at your service ;)

I'm also not sure what to find you didn't find, but when there is a timeout issue usually we see something like 'time exceed' and the log entry is shown as [ERROR]. I usually find this info into the error.log ir access.log of Apache server.

Let's close this entry and continue by email; please, use the email from which you receive forum notifications to reply.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds