Topic-icon Gateway Timeout. Can't connect. and other random errors

• sjb1963
  • sjb1963's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 3 days ago #5997 by sjb1963
Hello.
Purchased the software and after spending a fair amount of time trying to add a site, figured out that the "http://" was not necessary.

After sorting that out, I've been testing the software and during software update, refresh info, anything that requires one site to communicate with the other, my screen flashes the 504 gateway timeout error message, the screen refreshes then and goes back to your control panel having failed to connect at all.

I've cleared caches, reset keys,etc..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 days ago #5998 by Jose
Hi sjb1963,

Thank you very much for your confidence in my extensions.

There is a complete user guide to look for all the features and options available; if you have more doubts about configuration maybe you can check it:
ccdocs.securitycheckextensions.com

Regarding to the 504 timeout, could there be a hosting restriction about the limit to run scripts? The extension tries to dinamically overwrite any limit, but in some hosting providers this is not allowed.

Do you get the message if you launch a task on an individual website (this is you use the 'manage website' option and launch, for instance, a 'launch a malware scan' task)?

Regards,
Jose

• sjb1963
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 days ago #5999 by sjb1963
I hvae been looking for anything remotely like a script timeout setting in PHP and elsewhere. This issue keeps occuring. It happens everywhere. Backend. Frontend. If I trigger things remotely etc. It'as not consistent, so I can't say "click here and you'll see".
I am on Amazon Lightsail.
I use Cloudflare.
Not sure what else to say other than since I installed this ap, the amount of time it takes to login to the backend has quadrupled. This is a serious impediment.

More
4 months 2 days ago - 4 months 2 days ago #6000 by Jose
Hi,

Some tasks like the 'refresh info' need more time than others because info must be ciphered between websites. The more websites you have, the more time needed. The php value you're looking for is 'max_execution_time'.

But if you launch a task that doesn't need to be ciphered (for example a malware scanner) the task should end in a few seconds. This is why your issue is too odd. The extension has been designed to communicate with managed websites using the http protocol and json strings, so everything should be as simple as putting remote name and the secret key.

I have many customers using Cloudflare, so it should not be an issue. I don't know if simeone is using Lightsail, but I have customers all over the world and using many different hosting providers without issues. I obviously test the extensions and never have seen an issue like this.

Also the extension doesn't affect to the login time; only if there is a cron task launched could affect, but this rarely happens.

So at this point my biggest priority is to know what's causing the timeout; do you have access to your server logs? If so please send me the error and access logs. Also, can you disable Cloudflare during a couple of minutes and test the extension? If you still have the issue then we will center our efforts on Amazon.

Regards,
Jose
Last edit: 4 months 2 days ago by Jose. Reason: add more info

• sjb1963
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 day ago #6001 by sjb1963
I've increased the timeout to 120 (it was 30). Still testing to see if that recolves it. Thanks for your help.

More
4 months 1 day ago #6002 by Jose
You're welcome!

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds