Topic-icon IO usage at Godaddy spikes to 1,000,000

• funnybugbees
  • funnybugbees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 day ago #5476 by funnybugbees
IO usage at Godaddy spikes to 1,000,000 was created by funnybugbees
Im tyring to run the file and integrity check on my website. However as soon as i start it the IO usage at Godaddy goes to completely full, i get an email about resource usage and my site slows to a crawl.

The file integrity check never completes..Ive got memory set to 512M (out of a possible 1024 on my account)

Any ideas?

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 day ago - 10 months 1 day ago #5479 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic IO usage at Godaddy spikes to 1,000,000
Umm, it's odd because those processes consum memory and CPU basically.

If tasks never end then or there are not enough memory or there are some files too big to be analyzed.

There is a "trick" to know if this is a memory_limit issue. Go to global configuration -> File manager and change the "base path" to any of the folders listed. Launch some file integrity tasks. If it ends, then the memory_limit value is not high enough.

To reduce the amount of memory needed you can enable the 'scan executable files only' (global configuration -> file integrity) and also set the 'include exceptions in database' to No (keep the 'recursive folder exceptions' to Yes).

Regards,
Jose
Last edit: 10 months 1 day ago by Jose. Reason: Add more info

• funnybugbees
  • funnybugbees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
10 months 1 day ago #5480 by funnybugbees
Replied by funnybugbees on topic IO usage at Godaddy spikes to 1,000,000
Actually giving securitycheck too much memory was the issue. I changed it from 512M to 256M and it completed with no issues. This is weird though because i have a total os 1024M for my specific hosting plan, and only had it set to half of that..

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works

More
10 months 1 day ago #5482 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic IO usage at Godaddy spikes to 1,000,000
Maybe the server has no memory left to complete its normal tasks and why do you get that issue... It's odd because I have never experienced this issue on my isolated environments or customers have reported this...

Can you ask Godaddy about this? Maybe they will be able to give us more information.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds