• gaatec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 4 days ago #8229 by gaatec
Too many connections to the server was created by gaatec
Hi there,
I have ran into a problem now.

I am trying to "refresh Info" on my sites.
Several of the sites are located on the same server, and I therefore run into problems.

After failing to "refresh info" I contaced my hosting company, and I got the following feedback:

The IP address is being blocked repeatedly by our server firewall for having too many connections to the server. I've unblocked it now, but it instantly became blocked again due to having 187 open connections to the server. You'll need to limit the number of connections the script is making to the server simultaneously, or the IP will always end up being blocked.

How can I limit the amount of simultaneous connections?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #8230 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Too many connections to the server
Hi gaatec,

When you launch a 'refresh info' (or any other task), the control center launchs one curl connection to every site managed. If the site replies, connection is closed. When the remote site finish it task, opens a curl connection to control center to report the result. So should be only one active connection per site. This works for customers with more than 40 sites. How many sites do you manage?

Also, are all managed websites in 3.2.1 version? What happens if you launch a refresh info for one site?

Regards,
Jose
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Jose. Reason: Fix a typo

• gaatec
  • gaatec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 week 4 days ago #8231 by gaatec
Replied by gaatec on topic Too many connections to the server
hmmm, strange.
I only got 7 sites on that server that keep blocking me, and it has all been fine up until now.

I do however also have another sw component (SP Staging) that is refreshing the info from the sites.

I will check with my hosting company to verify what component the requests are coming from.

More
1 week 4 days ago #8232 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Too many connections to the server
Ok gaatec.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds