Login error with "Remember Me," ACL warning, Shared Sessions, and Security Check

• jmaridon
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 5 hours ago #10022 by jmaridon
I'm encountering several issues on my Joomla 4.2.2 website with Community Builder 2.7.3 after installing Security Check Pro:1. Login error with "Remember Me":
  • After logging in with "Remember Me" and closing the browser, I get the error "Call to a member function getValue() on null" when I try to access the website again.
  • The website only loads after clearing the browser cache.
2. ACL warning in backend:
  • I see the message "Detected potentially dangerous ACL configuration => user Guest, ACL: Site Login" when I log in to the backend.
3. Shared Sessions issue:
  • I had Shared Sessions set to "Yes," changed it to "No" without resolution, and want to revert it back to "Yes."
4. Other Security Check Pro settings:
  • Redirect if an attack is detected: Set to "No" with no change.
  • Forbid concurrent user logins: Set to "No."
  • Session hijack protection: Set to "No."
  • Elements to check in session hijack: Set to "IP OR User-Agent."
Additional Information:
  • Joomla version: 4.2.2
  • Security Check Pro version: (latest version)
  • Community Builder version: 2.7.3
  • Browser used: Chrome Version 121.0.6167.87
Steps to reproduce the login error:
  1. Log in with "Remember Me."
  2. Close the browser.
  3. Reopen the browser and try to access the website.
I've searched the User Guide and forum but couldn't find similar topics. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 22 hours ago #10023 by Jose
Hi jmaridon,

Yes, this is a known bug under certain circumstances with 4.1 of Securitycheck Pro. I have just shared a modified version with you; please, download and install it.

Regarding to the ACL message, it means that the guest group has a potentially dangerous permission. If this is something needed, the you can disable this message from Securitycheck Pro -> Global configuration -> Tuning tab, Check ACL security option.

Regards,
Jose

More
3 days 21 hours ago #10051 by wallyhowe
Hi Jose
We are also experiencing a lot of members unable to log in and getting 'Call to a member function getValue() on null'. We get them to clear cache but some elderly members using phones struggle with that!
We have been scratching our heads as to why.
Will you be releasing a new version to sort this?
Wallyhowe

More
3 days 21 hours ago #10053 by Jose
Hi wallyhowe,

Download and install 4.1 version of Securitycheck Pro. I fixed the issue some days after releasing it.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds