Anyone else experienced issues with security and affiliate tracker?

• tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #9248 by tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
Anyone else experienced issues with security and affiliate tracker? was created by tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
Hi, I've noticed for a while that the web firewall logs have been recording entries for backslashes added, and in the details, there is always atid and a number which like most things in the log I don't really know what they are!  

However, over the weekend, a customer got in touch to say that they were trying to use their affiliate link and got an error message about hackers and now that the webmaster has forbidden them access.  God knows what they were doing, but they aren't a very techy customer, so more likely to be in error than malicious.

I've now realised that the atid and number relate to their affiliate id, so it got me wondering if there was a glitch between the two pieces of software and if I needed to add anything for security check pro to ignore anything related to the affiliate tracker?

Any advice is welcome for a non-techy but able-to-follow instructions customer :)
Tracey 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #9249 by Jose
Hi Tracey,

Probably this is a false positive. To avoid this, just go to the logs (Web firewall logs) and search for any entry with a row value "com_affiliate" or something like that. Mark it and click on the "Add exception" button on top of the page.

You can also enable the "Easy config" feature in the main panel of Securitycheck Pro; this will disable the filters that cause more false positives.

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk

• tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #9250 by tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
Replied by tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk on topic Anyone else experienced issues with security and affiliate tracker?
Hi Jose, I already have easy config enabled, but yes I can see the add exception button on the web firewall logs so will give that a try. Thank you!

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #9251 by Jose
You're welcome Tracey!! :)

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds