Menu

Topic-icon Unable to login to back end on iPhone or iPad / PC OK

• brett@whitmas.com
  • brett@whitmas.com's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 5 days ago #8779 by brett@whitmas.com
Hola Jose

We have just found a weird issue - I can login to the site via PC (Firefox browser) but when we try iPhone (Safari) or iPad (Chrome or Safari) then we get redirected to the front end.

I have tried to whitelisted the IP but it doesn't show up in the search. It also doesn't show up in Blacklist or Dynamic Blacklist?  I have also disabled the web firewall but it doesn't help either.  We are using the "new backend URL" option.

Thanks and regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #8780 by Jose
Hola Brett!

If you're using the backend protection then you must add the secret key to the url this way: /administrator/?yoursecretkey

If you don't remember it you can check it in the .htaccess file of your root folder.

If you're able to access from your PC maybe it's related to cache.

Regards,
Jose

• brett@whitmas.com
More
1 month 5 days ago #8781 by brett@whitmas.com
Replied by brett@whitmas.com on topic Unable to login to back end on iPhone or iPad / PC OK
Thanks Jose
I am using the full URL with the key
I see the backend login page.
I just cleared the cache in Chrome and now get this error:

cURL failed. Error: Failed to connect to api.ipinfodb.com port 80: Connection refused

More
1 month 5 days ago #8782 by Jose
You're welcome Brett!

SCP nor any other of my extension do queries against that domain; do you have any other security plugin installed?

Regards,
Jose

• brett@whitmas.com
More
1 month 5 days ago #8783 by brett@whitmas.com
Replied by brett@whitmas.com on topic Unable to login to back end on iPhone or iPad / PC OK
Thanks Jose
OK, the Hikashop Geolocation plugin uses that API but I disabled it and still have the same issue. (I then re-enabled it and didn't get the issue - maybe it was just a server timeout that was put there to confuse me!).
Any other ideas?
Brett

More
1 month 5 days ago #8784 by Jose
You can try commenting the lines responsible of redirection into the .htacess (you can easily find them searching for "backend protection").

If that doesn't work please send me administrative credentials and the URL to access to backend (use the email from which you receive forum notifications).

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds