Menu

Topic-icon I can't modify .htaccess

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #8528 by sly15
I can't modify .htaccess was created by sly15
Hi,
I've "small" problem :-(. I've got few website and some of the are infected by japanese seo keywords. When I change permission for .htaccess and index.php in main folder after this permission back to 444 and securitychecpro can't fix problems with .htaccess. These website is white blank. Have you any idea how to resolve this problem? Malwer scan found few files like about.php which I delete, but still I can't change permission these two file. Sorry for my english and please figure out this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #8529 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic I can't modify .htaccess
Hi sly15,

That usually happens because there is other security measures or the site is still infected. Joomla protects the configuration file with those permissions (444) but not those files.

Do the following:

Change those file permissions using ftp.

Be fully sure the malware scan is configured to analyze the entire filesystem, looking also for suspicious patterns (global configuration -> malware scan tab -> deep scan enabled and timeline set to anytime).

Send me an screenshot of malware found.

Set the file integrity scan to be launched every 2 hours. This way if any file is added or modified you will be alerted.

Regards,
Jose

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #8530 by sly15
Replied by sly15 on topic I can't modify .htaccess
Thanks for quick replay. I set deep scan and found 64 suspission files. Now I try to fix these problems and if I wouldn't fix these problem then I sent to you screenshot.
Regards,
Sylwester

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #8531 by Jose
You're welcome Sylwester!

If so you need more help contact me privately.

Regards,
Jose

More
3 weeks 17 hours ago #8533 by sly15
Replied by sly15 on topic I can't modify .htaccess
Hi Jose,
I still fight for modify .htacces and still the same status :-(. There are some informations for you in attachments. If you will have idea how to resolve this problem please replay   
Attachments:

More
3 weeks 17 hours ago #8534 by Jose
Hi sly15,

I think there is a script running that changes file content and permissions, probably put there by the hacker. But this should not be allowed by your server configuration.

I think you need the help of your hosting provider to check what's happening. The first step should be to check the server and after that gain access to the entire filesystem, delete malicious files and be fully sure the server is configured properly to avoid cases like this again.

Once done Securitycheck Pro will protect you; be sure that you don't have vulnerable extensions (check vulnerabilities option) and configure the cron to launch a file integrity every few hours. This way you will be alerted if any file is added or modified.

Regards,
Jose

The following user(s) said Thank You: sly15

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds