Menu

Topic-icon Strange folders in public_html folder

• Somkiat
  • Somkiat's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 2 days ago #8506 by Somkiat
Strange folders in public_html folder was created by Somkiat
Hi,

I have installed security check pro in public_html/365 folder with joomla. Recently there are 4 strange folders added inside public_html and inside each folder has index.php and one cache folder. I deleted it but it came back again.

I have another folder with Wordpress at public_html/online.

My host recommended that it should be from some theme or add on. I have deactivated all unnecessary addons but these strange folders come back again.

Does security check pro protect all folders inside public_html? If not, please recommend how to block strange folders added. Or I need to install another joomla at public_html with your app to protect all folders from malware?

Thank you,
Somkiat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #8507 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Strange folders in public_html folder
Hi Somkiat,

Securitycheck Pro will protect you against threats conducted against your Joomla site. In your case those queries to your site into 365 folder. The malware scanner will also look for malware into files and folders located into the 365 folder.

There is no way to protect you against queries conducted through your WordPress website and also to look for malware outside the 365 folder.

It's odd you get cached files outside the folders where your websites are installed; maybe there is a misconfiguration somewhere that stores those files there.

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: Somkiat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds