Menu

Topic-icon 02-26-2021 Areas in SecurityCheck Pro suddenly "You do not have permission.

• digithead
  • digithead's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8485 by digithead
Hello,
Not sure what happened. Everything was fine yesterday (I check my site ever morning) but this morning I suddenly cannot access certain area within SecurityCheck Pro. Instead I get:ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access this resource.

Areas such as "System Info" for example, from the Dashboard "Overall Security Status / Check status" are blocked. I also cannot update, backup or restore the ".htaccess" file as I get the same error.

The onyl thing that has changed on the server running the site was a Python update and from within Joomla! there was a JCE component update, all of which I installed of course. Not sure if that has anything to do with this issue or not.

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8486 by Jose
Hi digithead,

That's a server message and means you don't have access to that resource. You get this message, for instance, when you try to access to a file restricted using an .htacess file.

Did you change permissions recently? That's the most common cause to get this message.

Regards,
Jose

• digithead
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8487 by digithead
Hhmm... the only other thing I can think of that may have caused this is that Fail2ban was not functioning correctly and I had fixed that three days ago but still had no issue administering the site. When I first discovered this issue this morning one thing I tried doing was removing the .htaccess files but still could not get those segments of SecurityCheck Pro. The file system permissions haven't been touched or modified since I setup Joomla! several years ago so I doubt that would be the issue. Still digging though all of the security components the site is running such as mod-evasive, mod-security2, Fail2ban... will report back what I find.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8488 by Jose
Yes, it's too odd you can't get access only to certain paths... hope you find the cause.

Regards,
Jose

• digithead
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8489 by digithead
Found it!
While messing with getting Fail2ban working correctly, I had also messed with modsecurity2 configuration... all fixed now.
Thank you for the quick response.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #8490 by Jose
You're welcome!

Glad to hear you sorted it out!

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds