Not sure what happened. Everything was fine yesterday (I check my site ever morning) but this morning I suddenly cannot access certain area within SecurityCheck Pro. Instead I get:ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access this resource.
Areas such as "System Info" for example, from the Dashboard "Overall Security Status / Check status" are blocked. I also cannot update, backup or restore the ".htaccess" file as I get the same error.
The onyl thing that has changed on the server running the site was a Python update and from within Joomla! there was a JCE component update, all of which I installed of course. Not sure if that has anything to do with this issue or not.
Hhmm... the only other thing I can think of that may have caused this is that Fail2ban was not functioning correctly and I had fixed that three days ago but still had no issue administering the site. When I first discovered this issue this morning one thing I tried doing was removing the .htaccess files but still could not get those segments of SecurityCheck Pro. The file system permissions haven't been touched or modified since I setup Joomla! several years ago so I doubt that would be the issue. Still digging though all of the security components the site is running such as mod-evasive, mod-security2, Fail2ban... will report back what I find.