Topic-icon Wrong permission when running "File Manager"

• snoopy33
  • snoopy33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #8267 by snoopy33
Hello José

After updating some components and Joomla, File Manager reports 431 files/folder having wrong permissions. (see attached screen shot)

I tried to "Repair" them by pressing the "Repair" button, Quite a bit later, when I tried to do a backup "Akkeba didn't run correctly (just did nothing and displayed Joomlas backend entry page.

I reinstalled the sit from a backup, updated everything again and stared "File Manager" again. Same thing, 431 files with wrong permission.

I don't dare to press the "Repair Button" again. What do you suggest? Does "Repair" set all permission to 644? What is doing the Repair button exactly?

Thanks for your help
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #8268 by Jose
Hi snoopy33,

Maybe the user who runs the Apache is not the owner (or doesn't belong to the right group) and this is why you get the issues. What's clear is that files should not have 0777 permissions as this is a security hole. Can you ask to your hosting provider about this?

Does "Repair" set all permission to 644? What is doing the Repair button exactly?

Yes, the "repair" option set file permissions to 644 and directory permissions to 755.

Regards,
Jose
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Jose. Reason: Add more info

• snoopy33
  • snoopy33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 weeks 1 day ago #8269 by snoopy33
Replied by snoopy33 on topic Wrong permission when running "File Manager"
Hello Jose,
Thank you very much. I talked to my hoster and it was theil mistake as they upgraded Joomla. The have corrected the permissions and now FileManager is happy with that.
Best regards,
Michael

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #8270 by Jose
Hi Michael,

Glad to hear everything is fine now :)

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds