Menu

Topic-icon Could SecurityCheck Pro be causing a 524 Gateway Timeout?

• brett@whitmas.com
  • brett@whitmas.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 3 days ago #8166 by brett@whitmas.com
We are getting a lot of 524 Gateway Timeout issues on the site midwestmeats.com.au

Our host (SiteGround) has investigated and said that it's an issue with an application and could be due to an extension, plugin, theme or cron job.

As these issues only started since we installed SecurityCheck Pro, I'm thinking that it could be a setting in the component.

Any suggestions or performance ideas gratefully received.

Thanks and regards
Brett
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #8167 by Jose
Hi Brett,

Do you have cron enabled? The time of your screenshot matches with the default schedule to launch task(s). Launching them consume resources but it should take only a few seconds.

Do you get any issue when you launch a file integrity/permissions scan? Which tasks are launching by the cron (Configuration -> Cron configuration -> Scheduled task(s) field?

Regards,
Jose

• brett@whitmas.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 3 days ago #8168 by brett@whitmas.com
Replied by brett@whitmas.com on topic Could SecurityCheck Pro be causing a 524 Gateway Timeout?
Hi Jose
Thanks for your immediate reply.
When a run a file integrity/permissions scan it seems to be OK for me but I have a fairly good internet connection.
Cron jobs are running as follows:
Alternate permissions and integrity
Launch at 02:00 - 03:00 (this is GMT 16:00 so the screenshot was actually 14:00 local time so the Cron job should not be running then).
Frequency is Everyday.

Thanks for your help.
Kind regards
Brett

More
1 week 3 days ago #8169 by Jose
You're welcome Brett.

When a run a file integrity/permissions scan it seems to be OK for me but I have a fairly good internet connection.

The scan does not depend of your Internet connection; it depends of your server resources. The most heavy scan is the file integrity scan; it has to load any previous scan in memory, get the hash version of each file on the server and compare it with any previous data. In some shared hostings there could be issues as resources are limited.

You could try disabling the cron during a couple of days and see if the problem arise again.

Regards,
Jose

• brett@whitmas.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 3 days ago #8174 by brett@whitmas.com
Replied by brett@whitmas.com on topic Could SecurityCheck Pro be causing a 524 Gateway Timeout?
Thanks Jose
I have changed the frequency to weekly and will monitor how the performance goes.
Kind regards
Brett

More
1 week 3 days ago #8175 by Jose
You're welcome Brett :)

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds