Menu

Topic-icon File Integrity Check - .htaccess keeps changing

• brett@whitmas.com
  • brett@whitmas.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #7920 by brett@whitmas.com
File Integrity Check - .htaccess keeps changing was created by brett@whitmas.com
During the last file integrity scan, there have been discovered 1 files modified. The malware scanner shows 0 files with suspicious patterns.A modified file doesn't necessarily mean a hacker attack or a compromise of the site. It means that those files have been modified (by an update, by an authorized user,...) since the last integrity scan.
The online check provides very useful info about suspicious files, but if you need more help you can contact us.

The .htaccess file was marked as modified but the Malware scan showed no suspicious files.

I marked it as safe and then just a few hours later I got the same message.

Is this OK or should I be concerned? I have activated all the http header options except Content-Security-Policy and Referrer-Policy

Thanks for your help - so far it's working very well and blocking a lot of hackers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #7921 by Jose
Hi brett,

If you added some changes there is nothing to be worried about. As you added some policies the .htaccess file was modified and the file integrity warned you about this change. This is why this feature is so helpful: you will be notified of every change, even of a single character changed. This way you can control unauthorized modifications.

Thanks for your help - so far it's working very well and blocking a lot of hackers.

You're welcome! :)

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: brett@whitmas.com

• brett@whitmas.com
  • brett@whitmas.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #7924 by brett@whitmas.com
Replied by brett@whitmas.com on topic File Integrity Check - .htaccess keeps changing
Thanks very much Jose
That helps.
Regards
Brett

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds