Menu

Topic-icon Website blocked for me (Admin) and some Users because use wrong words

• piper
  • piper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 days 13 hours ago #7841 by piper
I could not log in to the website, my IP was blocked for a short time. In the firewall logs I could see that I have posted forbidden words in the forum. I wrote about the band "Dropkick Murphys" and the word "Drop" was blocked. But "Drop" is only a part of the word "Dropkick". How can I adjust this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 13 hours ago #7842 by Jose
Hi piper,

It should not block you unless there are 3 or more forbidden words (by default). You can adjust this into Waf configuration -> Second level protection tab.

Regards,
Jose

• piper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 days 13 hours ago #7843 by piper
Okay, I found the list. It also says "drop", but can I set the blacklist to only contain single single words? In my case the word "dropkick" should not be forbidden.

More
5 days 13 hours ago #7844 by Jose
Yes, I should re-check this feature as it's configured to detect the word even if it's included into other word (this is a common trick of malware to be undetected). Is the rule applied even with the "Limit of suspicious words" dropdown set to 3?

I designed this feature just in case some attacks could avoid the sql and xss filters,which is not so frequent so if you have issues you can disable it.

Regards,
Jose

• piper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 days 12 hours ago #7845 by piper
Yes the the "Limit of suspicious words" dropdown is set to 3, and the rule applied. Should I set to 5 or more?

More
5 days 12 hours ago #7846 by Jose
Yes, set it to 4 and if do you still have the issue disable this feature (as setting a higher value will be the same that disabling it). I promise to check this feature in future versions.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds