Menu

Topic-icon Blacklist etc disappearing

• timsimon
  • timsimon's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #7818 by timsimon
Blacklist etc disappearing was created by timsimon
Hi. On two sites our IP blacklist and whitelist has disappeared more than once over the last few months. We have restored from backup each time, but we have not noticed any particular pattern to this. This happened again today. Has anyone else experienced this and come up with an explanation or solution, please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #7819 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Blacklist etc disappearing
Hi Timsimon,

Nobody but you have reported this. Is there any common pattern in both sites when this happens (i.e. the update of Securitycheck Pro)?

Regards,
Jose

• timsimon
More
1 month 1 week ago #8406 by timsimon
Replied by timsimon on topic Blacklist etc disappearing
Further to this issue:
We have had the same problem again several times over the last months. I have set up a CRON to check the blacklist count every half hour, the key line in which is below. The warning emails from this CRON started to arrive at 17:30 yesterday (UK time), so the problem happened in the half hour before this. Nobody was working on the site or server at the time. The only dodgy request in that half-hour in the log was a forbidden words attack containing wp-login.php, which seems unrelated.
The last update of SCP on this site was Nov 26th 2020 - Securitycheck Pro Admin Component 3.2.1 3.2.2
On another site of ours we had the same issue on 9th Nov 2020 between 13:00 and 14:00 hrs. I do not have the log for that, but the SCP update for that was on Sept16th 2020 - Securitycheck Pro Admin Component 3.2 3.2.1
so again unlikely to be related to this issue.
Is there a way to switch on a more detailed logging, or do you have any other suggestions?
Adam
$sql = "SELECT (LENGTH( MID( `storage_value`, INSTR(`storage_value`, 'blacklist'),
INSTR(`storage_value`, 'whitelist') - INSTR(`storage_value`, 'blacklist') ) )-
LENGTH( REPLACE ( MID( `storage_value`, INSTR(`storage_value`, 'blacklist'),
INSTR(`storage_value`, 'whitelist') - INSTR(`storage_value`, 'blacklist') ), '.', '' ) ))/3 as BlackCount
FROM `#__securitycheckpro_storage` WHERE `storage_key` = 'pro_plugin'";

More
1 month 1 week ago #8407 by Jose
Hi Adam,

Is the site managed by the Control Center?

Regards,
Jose

• timsimon
More
1 month 1 week ago #8411 by timsimon
Replied by timsimon on topic Blacklist etc disappearing
Not as far as I know. Which Control Centre do you mean?

More
1 month 1 week ago #8413 by Jose
It's another extension of mine that allows you to remotely manage all your websites. If you don't know what it is then you are not using it :)

All the info in SCP configuration is stored in json format. If there are no other activity than the normal activity of the firewall then I can't explain why do you lose the config. Maybe something breaking the json format?? If that happens nothing is stored and that could explain why do you get default values, but I never have been able to reproduce this issue...

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds