Topic-icon webmaster blocked access

• HBAGG
  • HBAGG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #7739 by HBAGG
webmaster blocked access was created by HBAGG

i have allowed someone else access to check out an issue on an extension. My session got terminated as I happened to be on when he logged on.
I have access back but each time I try to add a new user .. I get the same message : The webmaster has forbidden your access to this site.
I can do almost everything else , have checked logs etc and white listed my ip range, removed from black list, stopped session hijack temporarily but cannot work out how to recover from this as I need to add a number of new users...
Help please. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #7740 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic webmaster blocked access
Hi hbagg,

There are two settings that could cause your issue:

- the spam protection plugin. This plugin checks (by default) the username, ip and email against the stopforumspam database. If any of them appears there the user is not created and you get the 'the webmaster...' message.
- if users are administrators or super users there is a setting to forbid it; you can check it into Waf configuration -> user session protection -> forbid new admin accounts.

In both cases you will find a log entry. Can you check it so I can confirm what's happening?

Regards,
Jose

• HBAGG
  • HBAGG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #7741 by HBAGG
Replied by HBAGG on topic webmaster blocked access
Hi There
I turned off Spam data base check and it worked fine. Interesting thing is that the email address I was using to set up new user account belongs to the domain I am working on so should not be in Spam anyway.
Is this the only way I can add the companies users by turning off Spam Protection?

More
1 month 1 week ago #7742 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic webmaster blocked access
You can configure the spam protection plugin to choose what to check: I recommend you to keep only the email and IP. By default it also checks the username which could cause false positives.

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: HBAGG

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds