Menu

Topic-icon GeoBlocking removed from Security Check Pro???

• snoopy33
  • snoopy33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #7707 by snoopy33
Hello Jose,

Just read the release notes of the latest Security Check Pro version. Indeed I was kind of shocked, that GeoBlocking is not available anymore. I cannot understand what led to this decision and I am quite unhappy about that.

I used Geoblocking and blocked nearly all countries except those close to Switzerland as I know that most attacks are coming from countries outside this region.

My questions are:
- Do you intend to re-introduce GeoBlocking (probably in a seperate product?
- Can you recommend another GeoBlocking extension?

Thank you very much for your opinion

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 20 hours ago #7708 by Jose
Hi Michael,

Removal of a feature like that has not been an easy decision, but here are my motivations:

securitycheck.protegetuordenador.com/for...om-securitycheck-pro

Do you intend to re-introduce GeoBlocking (probably in a seperate product?

I don't plan to re-introduce this feature in a near future: securitycheck.protegetuordenador.com/for...ble-to-have-it-again
However I'm thinking in the possibility of adding all the malicious stopped IPs by Securitycheck Pro to a database (like stopforumspam). This way we could have a community sharing this info to stop attacks around the world. This is only an idea.

Can you recommend another GeoBlocking extension?

Please, take note that using other products you will not be gdpr and ccpa compliant unless you have the time to check the product list or database to be fully sure it's up to date (everybody can request to delete an IP anytime).

I used Geoblocking and blocked nearly all countries except those close to Switzerland as I know that most attacks are coming from countries outside this region.

Geolocation has been a way to protect you against simple attacks, as can be easily circumvented. Take note that the firewall will still protect you, so please don't be panic.

Regards,
Jose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds