Topic-icon Locked out Backend

• Oneman
  • Oneman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 3 days ago #7640 by Oneman
Locked out Backend was created by Oneman
I have not been on the backend of my site for a couple of months and, now, when I tried to get on, I'm locked out. I utilize a second tier authorization where a box pops up for user name/pw and then you login to the Joomla site. I get that far and then it throws a 404 error. I tried deleting the .htaccess to no avail and am at a loss what to do. I am not real experienced at the indepth workings so would appreciate any help. I should not have stayed off the backend so long, I know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 days ago #7641 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Locked out Backend
Hi Oneman,

I also use the htpasswd feature in some of my sites and everything works fine. After entering credentials, are you redirected to a "not_found" page? If so you have to edit the .htaccess file of your root folder and remove the content of "backend protection" (if any).

Regards,
Jose

• Oneman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 3 days ago #7642 by Oneman
Replied by Oneman on topic Locked out Backend
Good morning and thanks for responding. I get a 404--not found error. I deleted the .htaccess file with no change. I'm not sure how to remove the content of "backend protection." I do think I have when the /administrator is followed by a long key (if that's what you're referring to). Thank again.

More
1 month 3 days ago #7643 by Jose
You're welcome Oneman,

If after deleting the .htaccess do you still get the 404 message then the firewall is not causing the issue. Check your .htpasswd file into your administrator folder because it's causing the issue.

Regards,
Jose

• Oneman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 3 days ago #7644 by Oneman
Replied by Oneman on topic Locked out Backend
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I could not "find" the htpassword file, not realizing it was in the "administrator" folder as opposed to the root of the site! That worked!

More
1 month 3 days ago #7645 by Jose
You're welcome! :)

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds