Menu

Topic-icon Possible conflict between security check pro, community builder and gdpr plug in

• tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
  • tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #7239 by tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
Hi, I've happily been using security check pro (in my 2nd year) and a GDPR plugin (since Spring as I'm in the UK and use tracking cookies) without any issues. I've recently had to install community builder in order to use their query plug in to draw information from my database into a new profile field that was needed. In order to do that I had to swap from the Joomla login system to community builder login module which has caused a conflict.

Some of my users are getting a message when they log in that says session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser.

Obviously, I thought it was a community builder issue but they say they do not use anything in their system that can cause that error and that their guess is the security check plugin may be tampering with the Joomla session or Joomlas session cookie is being blocked in error by the cookie confirm plugin.

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas /suggestions/advice on finding the possible conflict between the 3 plugins so that I can improve user experience and allow them to access my site problem-free.

Thanks in advance

Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #7240 by Jose
Hi Tracey,

That message is usually shown by third party plugins when javascript is not enabled or the session is expired (for instance, if do you hibernate your computer with a tab pointing to your site and do yo try to use it a few hours after). IMO you should check if community builder has a conflict with gdpr plugins.

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk

• tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
  • tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #7241 by tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk
Replied by tracey@feetfirst-reflexology.co.uk on topic Possible conflict between security check pro, community builder and gdpr plug in
Thanks for your speedy reply as always - I've just submitted a ticket to the GDPR guys as well so hopefully that will shed some light.
Thanks!

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #7242 by Jose
You're welcome!

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds