Topic-icon Subdomain administration

• Resident
  • Resident's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #7188 by Resident
Subdomain administration was created by Resident
I can´t login to the backend on subdomain web. I have domain, fully protected with SecurityCheckPro, for example www.mysite.com . The other site is test.mysite.com. I can reach frontend, but don´t see subdomain backend.
This happened after SecurityCheck installation and configuration, so I think, I´m doing something wrong.
The subdomain web doesn ´have .htaccess.

Thank you for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #7189 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Subdomain administration
Hi Resident,

As a WAF depending of Joomla core, Securitycheck Pro only affects to the site where it's installed. This is, Securitycheck Pro can't affect to the subdomains, so you must install the extension on every site, not only in the main site, to be protected.

Only the .htaccess file could affect to subdomains, but this is how Apache works. But in your case there is no .htacess...

Regards,
Jose

• Resident
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #7190 by Resident
Replied by Resident on topic Subdomain administration
If I use original .htaccess, which has been created before SecurityCheck installation, everything is working and I can normally reach subdomain backend, so it must be some configuration of SecurityCheckPro. But I don´t know, where to look...
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Resident.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #7191 by Jose
Ok, so there is an .htacess in the main folder. I though there was no file.

In that case the backend protection also affects to the subdomain. Adding the secret key you will reach the backend.

That happens because that's how apache works: by inheritance the .htacess file on root folder will affect to the subdomains, as there is no other htacess into them. You could solve this adding the standard Joomla .htacess file to the subdomain.

Regards,
Jose

• Resident
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #7192 by Resident
Replied by Resident on topic Subdomain administration
Standard htaccess didn´t help, had an error. I deleted standard htaccess from subdomain (so there is ony one htaccess, in root) and deleted Backend protection from SecurityCheck. Then everything works, but there is no protection for backend.
If I try to connect to subdomain with Backend protection active, I see login screen, but login doesn´t work...

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #7193 by Jose
Ok, you can try with an standard .htaccess into the subdomain folder and add it the same code of backend protection, but changing the site name (and the secret key if you want). This should work as we are breaking the inheritance.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds