Menu

Topic-icon A sequence has been detected that could mean a hacker attack: dpcalendat event

• herveD
  • herveD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #6742 by herveD
Hello
I publish (front-end side as a non-admin member) a dpcalendar event
I get the message:

A sequence has been detected that could mean a hacker attack. Your request cannot be processed.

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #6743 by Jose
Hi Herve,

Please, send me an screenshot of SCP logs when this happens. I'm almost sure it's a false positive caused by the XSS filter; to avoid cases like this go to WAF Configuration -> Filter Exceptions -> XSS tab and set the "Strip all tags" dropdown to No.

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: herveD

• herveD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #6744 by herveD
Hi José,
I prefer to answer by email because I think there is confidential information.
Regards

• herveD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #6755 by herveD
Hi Jose
Ok thanks for your follow up :)

The way to check if files are malicious is manually inspect them; I have seen many malicious files and I can determine if they are a threat or not. Only the experience can give you this ability ;)

Yes I understand that your experience is the best, but to avoid bothering you, I would have liked to understand the result of the use; Then I clicked on the button "Metadefender cloud check", if it returns "hash not found", is the file is healthy?
Regards

More
3 months 1 week ago #6756 by Jose

Ok thanks for your follow up :)

You're welcome!!

Yes I understand that your experience is the best, but to avoid bothering you, I would have liked to understand the result of the use; Then I clicked on the button "Metadefender cloud check", if it returns "hash not found", is the file is healthy?

It's hard to explain, but you must check if the file is encoded or doesn't have Joomla references. You must pay special attention to files rated as "High", as many times the OPSWAT scanner reports malicious files as clean despite they are malicious. Take note that the malware scanner I have developed it's focused in malware designed for websites, so it has higher detection rates than the anti-malware engines of OPSWAT.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds