Topic-icon Exernal access via Webcron.org

• Hochhaeuser
  • Hochhaeuser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #6552 by Hochhaeuser
Exernal access via Webcron.org was created by Hochhaeuser
Hi there, I am using SecurityCheckPro for a while now and I think think I have it under control.

I would like to automate taking backups via Akeeba by using a cron job running on webcron.org. I created my cron job according to the available Akeeba documentation but receive an error "The webmaster has forbidden your access to this site" when running the job. The error seems to be related to the URL Redirect but I did not find any workaround to allow webcron.org acces to my site for triggering the Akeeba backup.

Can you please shed some light into this and provide me with some information on how I can setup SCP to allow external access from webcron.org?

Many thanks
Juergen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #6553 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Exernal access via Webcron.org
Hi Juergen,

Thank you very much for keeping up your confidence in my extension!!

The "The webmaster has forbidden your access to this site" error means the IP of webcron.org has been blocked, so just delete it IP from blacklist and you will be able to create a remote backup.

But, do you know the Control Center ? It allows you to create remote backups on all your Joomla websites without any external access! And launch remote tasks, update your extensions (even the Joomla! core), upload and install extensions.... and much more!
Edited: I see you are subscribed to Control Center, did you give it a try?

Regards,
Jose
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Jose. Reason: Add more info

• Hochhaeuser
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #6554 by Hochhaeuser
Replied by Hochhaeuser on topic Exernal access via Webcron.org
Hi Jose,

many thanks for your quick response.

Regarding webcron.org

There are no IP#s blocked or listed in the black lists. So I am afraid thisis not causing the issue.

Regarding Control Center
Yes, I know it and I use it. Works fine as well, but I would like to automate the backup creation process.

Kind regards
Juergen

More
3 months 1 week ago #6555 by Jose
You're welcome Juergen!

Umm, it's odd. This message is shown only when an IP is (dinamically) blocked. Is there any log entry in SCP when you launch the webcron task?
Anyway you can try disabling Securitycheck Pro (there is a button to do that in main panel); if webcron works then there is something blocking it.

Regarding to the Control Center, a few versions ago I added periodicity for each website, so you can automate to take a backup daily, weekly or monthly. You can find this options when you configure the automated backup.

Regards,
Jose

• Hochhaeuser
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #6556 by Hochhaeuser
Replied by Hochhaeuser on topic Exernal access via Webcron.org
Hi Jose,

I disabled the web firewall and webcron has been executed without any error. So the rot cause must be with SCP.

I was not aware of this feature in the control center and will have a look.

Many thanks
Juergen

More
3 months 1 week ago #6557 by Jose
You're welcome Juergen!

I disabled the web firewall and webcron has been executed without any error. So the rot cause must be with SCP.

Yes, that message is shown by Securitycheck Pro when someone is blocked. If you do want to use the webcron just send me an administrative access to your Joomla backend (use the email from which you receive forum notifications) and I will check where the webcron is blocked. If there are no IPs into blacklist maybe it's blocked by Geoblocking feature.

I was not aware of this feature in the control center and will have a look.

Great! You will find this option into each managed website -> Backup Info tab:
You can also get more info about this and other features of Control Center in its user guide .

Regards,
Jose
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds