Menu

Topic-icon User deleted due to a Securitycheck Pro directive

• chrishall57
  • chrishall57's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #4011 by chrishall57
I'm adding a User via the Admin page and if I just select the User Group as Registered and Editor then the user is created.

If I then modify their roles to include Publisher the user gets deleted and this message show:

User deleted due to a Securitycheck Pro directive

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4013 by Jose
Hi Chris,

Yes, this is due to the directive "Forbid new admin accounts" (Web firewall configuration --> User session protection --> admin logins). If the user belongs to a group with backend login privileges is automatically deleted.

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrishall57

More
3 months 1 week ago #8363 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic User deleted due to a Securitycheck Pro directive
Hi Jose,
I'm trying to change the "Forbid new admin accounts" setting from Yes to No. When I save the configuration, it reverts immediately back to Yes. I've cleared the tmp directory, and no caching is enabled on this site. What should I do to fix that?
And strangely, it's always let me add this particular user group, an admin group I called "Officers", before. ... even with the setting set to "Yes". This afternoon, it deletes the user. Might be no answer on that one!
Thanks,
Kip

More
3 months 1 week ago #8364 by Jose
Hi Kip!

Is the "Lock tables" feature enabled? You can check it from main panel of Securitycheck Pro. If so no changes are allowed into tables.

And strangely, it's always let me add this particular user group, an admin group I called "Officers", before. ... even with the setting set to "Yes". This afternoon, it deletes the user. Might be no answer on that one!

Groups can be added with no restriction but users with aministrative priveleges are automatically deleted.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds