Menu

Topic-icon WAF error

• Timeforsmilin
  • Timeforsmilin's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #8923 by Timeforsmilin
WAF error was created by Timeforsmilin
Hi Jose,

I got locked out of my site while checking file integrity, and approving updated files 100 at a time. By the fourth page the webmaster locked me out. I'm not certain what setting this is, as it hasn't happened to me before.

Then I went to go to the WAF page to allow another admin, and got an error type of result. I signed in with the admin profile I created for you years ago, and then got locked out with that one; I think that was after a time out.

I edited the db and turned the component off, but I welcome any ideas you have to help me get this going again.

Cheers,
Louis
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Timeforsmilin
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #8924 by Timeforsmilin
Replied by Timeforsmilin on topic WAF error
After disabling the component, I tried to create another admin, but your component did its job, and deleted the user. I went to components thinking I might be able to change the setting temporarily, but the component doesn't show up now.
I'm kinda stuck.
Thanks!

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #8925 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic WAF error
Hi Louis,

I think there are a couple of things here: maybe you disabled the component, not the firewall, and now this is why you don't get anything when you go to it.

Did you try to add files listed by the file integrity as exceptions? Or did you only check them? I think you were blocked by the user session protection but I would need access to confirm it. It's curious that the screenshot you send me is related to jce, not to Securitycheck Pro...

Can I get access to the site to solve this? 

Regards,
Jose

• Timeforsmilin
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8928 by Timeforsmilin
Hi Jose,
I do remember seeing user session protection somewhere, but it could've been another question here on the forum.

I checked the boxes for 100 files at a time, and marked them as safe. Doing that with updates seemed to work just fine previously. If the scanner complains about code, I check it with Oopswat being marking it.

I sent you login info.

Thnaks,
Louis

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8931 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic WAF error
Hi Louis,

The error is caused by jce; I fear the version installed is not compatible with J4:

As I try to load the default editor to manage the message shown to blocked users we get the fatal error in Seecuritycheck Pro. After changing the default editor from joomla core everything works fine.

Regards,
Jose
Attachments:

• Timeforsmilin
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8934 by Timeforsmilin
Hi Jose,
I updated JCE, and that stopped the error message that I hadn't attributed to that, or seen, thanks!

I was able to turn off no new admins; create one, and then turn it back on.

Cheers,
Louis

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds