Topic-icon Latest update broke site

• kstyles
  • kstyles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 months 4 weeks ago #5349 by kstyles
Latest update broke site was created by kstyles
Tried to update to latest version in Joomla update and completely broke site so I have a blank page in admin and front end -

www.hytheelecserv.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #5350 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Latest update broke site
Hi kstyles,

I have access to the site:

Some customers experienced issues like yours due to the cache (mainly provided by jch optimize plugin). In this case after deleting the cache everyhting worked fine.

Regards,
Jose
Attachments:

• kstyles
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 months 4 weeks ago #5353 by kstyles
Replied by kstyles on topic Latest update broke site
Yes, we were able to show this limited version by changing the system folder in plugins to system.bak. If we empty the cache and restore this folder the site goes completely blank again, so emptying the cache doesn't cure the issue.
We are currently restoring the site from a backup made at the end of yesterday.

• kstyles
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 months 4 weeks ago #5354 by kstyles
Replied by kstyles on topic Latest update broke site
But would like to know when this gets fixed so we may update all our sites with this plugin.
Thanks for your swift reply as always.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #5355 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Latest update broke site
You're welcome!

Well, I think there is no issue. I did ton of tests and never got a blank page. Also there are more than 1000 customers with the new update and everything is working fine.

Only a few customers got the same issue like yours and it was usually related to cache; this is what I did with when the site was blank:

from phpmyadmin (or similar) you must loof for the _extensions table. There use the "search" tool to look for the term %security%. You should get some entries; edit all of them and set the "enabled" row to 0. This should disable the entire extension and give you access to the site. Reinstall the extension.

If this doesn't work you can also try to overwrite the extension's files. To do that uncompress the zipeed file of the extension and copy the "admin" folder into "<your_site_folder>/administrator/components/com_securitycheckpro".

This solved the issue in all of them. Anyway if you get the blank page again I will be ready to help you.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds