Menu

Topic-icon Unable to install security check pro due to PHP mb_strlen() error for PHP 7

• website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com
  • website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 5 months ago #4783 by website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com
Unable to install security check pro due to PHP mb_strlen() error for PHP 7 was created by website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com
Hi Team,

We subscribed complete bundle of security check pro. Downloaded latest subscribed packages from our security check console.

We installed latest Security chek pro control panel installer and database installer. But when we tried to install Security check pro j3.x it shows error on mb_srtlen() function.

Error

The 'mb_strlen' function is not installed in your host. Please, ask your hosting provider about how to install it.
Error installing component

Below are the system information for your reference. We installed and enabled mb_string

System Information

PHP Built On : Linux ip-172-31-29-85 4.9.20-11.31.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 01:53:57 UTC 2017 x86_64
Database Version : 5.7.16-log
Database Collation : latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation : utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version : 7.0.16
Web Server : Apache/2.4.25 (Amazon) OpenSSL/1.0.1k-fips PHP/7.0.16
WebServer to PHP Interface : apache2handler
Joomla! Version : Joomla! 3.7.2 Stable [ Amani ] 22-May-2017 09:46 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version : Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/59.0.3071.115 Safari/537.36

Also we installed mbstring and enbled in php.ini file. But still issue remins the same. Please check and advice if still we required any installation on servers side.

Else consider this as bug on Security check pro for PHP 7 and Mysql latest version of software updates

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #4784 by Jose
Hi Richard,

My name is Jose and I'm the owner and main developer of Securitycheck Extensions. First of all thank you very much for your confidence in my extensions.

It's really odd this function is not present in your php installation; the latest error by a customer related to this is two years old and I added some code during the installation to avoid issues with the plugin.

Also we installed mbstring and enbled in php.ini file. But still issue remins the same. Please check and advice if still we required any installation on servers side.

When a new php function is installed usually a restart of the Apache service is required.

Else consider this as bug on Security check pro for PHP 7 and Mysql latest version of software updates

I think this can't be consider as a bug; this issue is related with how PHP was compiled in the server.
Please take note that SCP is installed on thousands of websites and only a few customers reported an issue like this (this is why I added this prerequisite during the installation).
When I test the extension I use several platforms and this function is always installed, even if I use the easiest way to install an O.S. (for example LAMP in Ubuntu).

Regards,
Jose

• website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com
  • website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 5 months ago #4785 by website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com
Replied by website.securityalerts@automationanywhere.com on topic Unable to install security check pro due to PHP mb_strlen() error for PHP 7
Hi Jose,
Thank you for your reply, I have configured PHP to support mbstring and restarted the server. But still issue remains the same.
I already saw your thread, you have resolved this issue for PHP 5.x. We upgraded our system to PHP 7.x. also we configured PHP to support mbstring.
I think your plug-in not compatible with PHP 7.x. Please check and advice.

More
1 year 5 months ago #4786 by Jose
You're welcome!

Yes, the plugin is fully compatible with PHP 7: you're posting here and my site is running PHP 7 :)

The extension checks if the mb_strlen is installed and enabled; are you fully sure it's enabled for your site?
Please, ask your hosting provider because even if you give me access to your site I won't be able to do tests (I use a php Core function to check if the strlen is enabled).

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds