Rewrite rules for J4.1.5

• Timeforsmilin
More
2 weeks 14 hours ago #9256 by Timeforsmilin
Rewrite rules for J4.1.5 was created by Timeforsmilin
Hi Jose!

I know this is not a problem with your software, but you are the most knowledgeable person I know to ask. I can't find any rewrite rules for htaccess on a new Joomla 4.1.5 install, so the rewrite setting in the general configuration is causing 404 errors for every link. I first turned off your firewall to rule it out, and then turned of rewrite. The latter made the site work.

I can see your rules in the htaccess file, but a Google search did not turn up any general rules that could be applied to makre the rest of the site work.

Thanks!
Louis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 14 hours ago #9257 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Rewrite rules for J4.1.5
Hi Louis,

Just rename the htacess.txt file of your Joomla site. It should be into the root folder.

You could also use the backend protection of Securitycheck Pro as if there is no htacess it will create a new one. However, J4 has changed the default rules for the htacess and those rules are not in the current version of Securitycheck Pro (3.5.0). Next version will have all those new rules updated.

Regards,
Jose

• Timeforsmilin
More
2 weeks 12 hours ago #9258 by Timeforsmilin
Replied by Timeforsmilin on topic Rewrite rules for J4.1.5
Thanks Jose!
I have renamed the file, and applied your protection, but I can't use the rewrite function from within Joomla.
Thanks as always for your help!
Louis

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds