Menu

Topic-icon Securitycheck 3.2.2 released - But where is it?

More
11 months 2 days ago #8312 by Peam
Hi José,
I've been invited to update my Securitycheck 3.2.1, which failed in Joomla - it gives a 403 on your site. I've searched all over this site for 3.2.2 download with no success. I've got SecurityCheckPro on another site and it's updated to 3.2.2 with no problem.
So what's to do?
Best regards,
Pual

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 days ago #8313 by Jose
Hi Paul,

The easiest way to update Securitycheck Pro is using the Joomla core mechanism, but to do that you need the "Download id":
scpdocs.securitycheckextensions.com/conf...figuration/component

If you received a 403 means the "Download id" is not set or it's incorrect.

Anyway you can login to my site and download it manually from Downloads section

Regards,
Jose

More
11 months 2 days ago #8314 by Peam
Finally found a link to the version but needed to edit a 'pro link!
securitycheck.protegetuordenador.com/com...3-2.2.zip?format=zip.
Take out the '-pro' and it works.
securitycheck.protegetuordenador.com/com...3-2.2.zip?format=zip.
Best,
Paul

More
11 months 2 days ago #8315 by Jose
Hi Paul,

But are you looking for the free version??

Regards,
Jose

More
11 months 2 days ago #8316 by Peam
Yes, Jose, thanks for the replies.
As I said I've pro on a couple of sites and they updated perfectly.
It turns out that in addition to the FREE version on that site I also had a pro version installed - but probably unlicensed - I can't remember how many I've paid. Maybe that's what caused a problem. In any case, the Joomla update didn't work which is why I was searching on the site and found the 403 links.

In fact, that's why I raise the issue, I couldn't find a clear download link for 3.2.2 on the site, or should I have just tried installing the 'FREE' and it would give me 3.2.2 automatically?

Eventually, I uninstalled PRO, and updated Free using the edited link above, which then failed to start with a database error; so I installed and re-installed Free and everything is working.
It's a very low-use site really just for fun that does not have the need for full pro - and so far as I can tell has not come to the attention of enough hackers to worry me! The two sites I have pro installed are under constant threat and I'm very happy to have pro looking after me. So thank you very much!
Best regards,
Paul

More
11 months 2 days ago #8317 by Jose
You're welcome Paul!

You got the 403 error because I didn't publish 3.2.2 free version; I usually wait a couple of days for Pro customers to update their paid versions.

What I don't understand is why did you get the update message as free version was unpublished... I have just published this new version so if there are more cases like yours nobody will have issues.

I'm glad to hear you are happy with pro version!! Remember you can use it in unlimited domains even with an expired licence. You have a valid subscription as you're able to update your Pro version.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds