Menu

Topic-icon No Geo Block? It's actually the reason I purchased a year:(

• PMurphJ00
  • PMurphJ00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 10 hours ago #8271 by PMurphJ00
When I read on the Joomla Extensions site that Geo Block was part of the many features of this component, I was so excited, as I've sorely missed the Geo IP blocker that used to run with Akeeba Admin Tools (still use Admin Tools).

I really need to find a way to block some countries as they are spamming our website forms. It's really the main reason I bought this component. Am I missing something? So disappointed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 7 hours ago #8272 by Jose
Hi PMurphJ00,

Yes, I removed the Geoblock feature 8 months ago:https://securitycheck.protegetuordenador.com/forum/13-news-and-announcement/1794-removal-of-geolocation-from-securitycheck-pro

As you can read there, I took that decision due to the changes in license terms but please take note that Geoblock never was a security mechanism. It's really easy to circumvent a feature like this.

But don't worry: with current options into Securitycheck Pro you should be able to block 99% of not desired emails. Just be sure that you filter all html tags into Waf configuration->Filter exceptions-> Xss tab. If you can't do that because there is any extension that use html tags, be sure that you add the a tag into it:

If do you receive emails with certain words you can block them adding those words into the Second level filter protection.

If this is not enough for you and you still receive not desired emails please contact me and we we find a solution for your case.

Regards,
Jose
Attachments:

• PMurphJ00
  • PMurphJ00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #8273 by PMurphJ00
Thank you, Jose. Since I'm not sure if filtering all html tags will cause an issue, I added the 'a' tag and we'll see how it goes. I use Breezing Forms and they recommended putting a hidden field that people can't see but bots can. That hasn't prevented these. Phase two was to put scripting in that prevented forms submitted which contained Russian language. Now they use english but it's coming from a .ru email. Seems like no matter what I try, I can't beat these little guys:)

I appreciate your help so much and have high hopes for this security component. I can't give up Admin Tools, as we have a long and very successful relationship; however, I feel that the two of these combined will help me greatly.

Thanks again for taking your time to help.
-p

More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #8274 by Jose
You're welcome!

Yes, industry has been fighting against spam for years but there is no method to avoid this plague.

With my recommendations I avoid 99% of undesired emails (at least all with links) but I will be ready to help you if this is not enough in your case.

Regards,
Jose
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Jose. Reason: Add more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMurphJ00

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds