• azurelinksc
  • azurelinksc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #7898 by azurelinksc
What tables hold IPs was created by azurelinksc
Hi Jose,

What table contains the whitelisted IPs and the Blacklisted IPs. If you want, you can pm the info to me.
I am getting a sitewide "webmaster has forbidden access" message, for my client, and even for me, though I haven't visited the site in a while. Since I can't access the site, I need to manually add our two IPs to the whitelist.

I'm worried that since I was blocked without trying anything, that the whole world might be being blocked. What would trigger that warning for everyone? (Not confirmed, but could be, since I was blocked.)

Also, what db table contains the list priority settings? I need to change those for this other site as we discussed in aonther post.

Thanks!
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by azurelinksc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #7899 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic What tables hold IPs
Hi azurelink,

All the info (IPs added to any list and priority) is stored into the securitycheckpro_storage table, storage_key = pro_plugin.

I'm worried that since I was blocked without trying anything, that the whole world might be being blocked. What would trigger that warning for everyone? (Not confirmed, but could be, since I was blocked.)

Every rule applied writes a log entry; is there any entry in SCP logs?

Regards,
Jose

• azurelinksc
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #7902 by azurelinksc
Replied by azurelinksc on topic What tables hold IPs
Thanks for the table info. No, there are no records for my IP nor for my client's IP. What I did notice is that for some strange reason, the IP address shown for my workstation at sites like WhatIsMyIPAddress.com is different from the one displayed in the SCP component's Configuration/WAF Configuration/Lists tab where it says "Your current IP". Why would that be? I'm not behind a VPN.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #7903 by Jose
The IP should be the same although there are many headers involved if you use a proxy or your site is using a cdn. Anyway to avoid confusions I plan to show the IP blocked by Securitycheck Pro when you get the 'the webmaster has forbidden...' message in future versions.

Regards,
Jose

• azurelinksc
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #7912 by azurelinksc
Replied by azurelinksc on topic What tables hold IPs
Showing the blocked IP sounds like a good idea. I'm afraid that the same problem I described above it happening again. Both myself and my client have not attempted to login since I first started this forum post, but we are now blocked when visiting the front end of this directly, on the first attempt. We are getting this message:
"The webmaster has forbidden your access to this site due to recent suspicious activity, such as too many failed login attempts, or malicious code input. If you were blocked for the wrong login credentials, please check your entries including, spelling and capitalization and try again in 30 minutes."
What could be causing this? Do you think you could troubleshoot this?
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by azurelinksc.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #7913 by Jose
Hi azurelink,

This is really odd; the only thing that could cause an issue like this is a change in/or your user-agent and IP during an active session...

Also, did you change the default message of Securitycheck Pro for the "...please check your entries including, spelling and capitalization and try again in 30 minutes" message?

Can i get access to the backend to check the config?

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds