Topic-icon Download Link Protection

• margknox
  • margknox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #7590 by margknox
Download Link Protection was created by margknox
I have a website that offers a number of downloadable products, and I've been looking for a way to protect/hide/cloak the links to these products.

I have been looking at the Joomla extension Download Link Protection, but they specifically state that their extension will not work if Security Check is enabled.

Is there an extension that will do the job of protecting the download links and be compatible with Security Check Pro?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #7591 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Download Link Protection
Hi margknox,

This is the first time I see something like this; they say you have to disable the "Securitycheck Spam Protection" plugin although this plugin is used only during user's registration...

I'm going to contact the developers to clarify why they say his extension is not compatible with mine but do you want to restrict your downloadable products or only hide its url?

Regards,
Jose

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #7593 by Jose
Hi margknox,

I have contacted the developer and after sending me a copy of his extension I haven't found any compatibility issue. You can use it.

Regards,
Jose

• margknox
  • margknox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #7596 by margknox
Replied by margknox on topic Download Link Protection
Thank you Jose, that's great.
I was just looking to cloak the urls of the downloads. However I notice that this website and one other that has some downloadables on it are the only sites that had rogue articles inserted into the root (that is, until the tables were locked in Security Check Pro). I did wonder whether there might be some way the downloadable links provided access to the root; would this be possible?

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #7597 by Jose
You're welcome Margknox!

The best way to do that is using the Joomla core ACL. You can do it yourself creating groups to control what can be downloaded for each group or use any of the extensions avaialbla at JED to control your downloads. For instance, EDocman from Joomdonation.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds