Topic-icon htaccess protection

• Oneman
  • Oneman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #6212 by Oneman
htaccess protection was created by Oneman
I just installed a new website and enabled the htaccess protection. I've used it before but for some reason it is not protecting the backend. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6213 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic htaccess protection
Hi oneman,

Did you try cleaning your browser's cache? Is the mod_rewrite module of Apache enabled?

Regards,
Jose

• Oneman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #6214 by Oneman
Replied by Oneman on topic htaccess protection
I did clean the cache several times and tried even on another browser but still did not work despite saying it is working. How do I enable the mod-rewrite module of Apache? Thanks so much for your help in this.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6215 by Jose
Hi Oneman,

If your site has SEF enabled then it must be installed and running. Anyway you can ask your hosting provider if it's working fine.

If this is the case please send me ftp credentials to check what's happening (use the email from which you receive forum notifications).

Regards,
Jose

• Oneman
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #6259 by Oneman
Replied by Oneman on topic htaccess protection
Thanks much, I'm able to work on this again for just a little while. I may take you up on your offer; however, would like to try to get it to work with verbal help (so I understand a bit better). It appears the SecurityCheck is NOT writing to the htaccess file. What would prevent it from writing to that file? That seems like something I could check if I know what it is. Thanks again.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6260 by Jose
You're welcome!

I assume you saved the secret key after generating it. If for some reason the htacess protection is not writing changes then you must check if the user who runs Apache (tipically www-data) has rights to modify/create files. If you don't know what I'm talking about please ask to your hosting provider.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds