Menu

Topic-icon Subfolder's .htaccces security?

• PPI_Karl
  • PPI_Karl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #4787 by PPI_Karl
PPI_Karl created the topic: Subfolder's .htaccces security?
Not sure if there's a lag time for posts to be published, but I didn't see my post show up on the forum after the first time I submitted it. I apologize if this ends up being a duplicate post.

Anyway, I have a question about how far the security extends to subfolders when SecurityCheck Pro deletes the .htaccess file from the main directory. My website has a forum (a Simple Machines Forum) located in its own subfolder, but the forum requires log-in, and, like many other subfolders, it has its own .htaccess file. Does this make it vulnerable to attack, despite the protection applied by SecurityCheck? Or, does deleting the .htaccess file from the website's main directory create an umbrella to shield all the subfolders as well?

Hope that isn't a dumb question. I look forward to any insight you can offer. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #4788 by Webmaster
Webmaster replied the topic: Subfolder's .htaccces security?
Hi Karl,

Settings of the .htaccess file located into root folder are applied to every subfolder; those settigns can be overwrited putting another .htaccess into a subfolder with different settings.

If there is a .htaccess file in root folder before SCP applies the .htaccess protection all settings will be saved and additional features will be added to that file, so SCP doesn't delete the .htaccess unless you click on the "Delete .htaccess" and don't apply ".htaccesss protection" settings.

Regards,
Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: PPI_Karl

• PPI_Karl
  • PPI_Karl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #4789 by PPI_Karl
PPI_Karl replied the topic: Subfolder's .htaccces security?
I was hoping that would be your answer.
I did, both, delete the .htaccess and apply the protection settings, so it seems like everything's good to go. Thanks for your help, Joe. Have an excellent week.
Cheers,
Karl

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #4790 by Webmaster
Webmaster replied the topic: Subfolder's .htaccces security?
You're welcome Karl! :)

Have an excellent week you too.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds