• cpartsenidis
  • cpartsenidis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #967 by cpartsenidis
SecurityCheck Pro Feature was created by cpartsenidis
Hello,
I'm considering purchasing Security Check Pro in order to replace my Akeeba AdminTools Pro and would like to know if the product is able to monitor for new files that appear within the file structure and immediately email me.
I've been dealing with some bug/hack on one of my sites where php files are being uploaded and used to execute spam email sending, and since AdminTools Pro wasn't able to provide the necessary protection, I'm looking to move to a different solution - SecurityCheck Pro looks like a very promising one that combines both Firewall/Site protection and file scanning for trojan/malware files.
I'd also like to know if the Security Check Pro - Database component is required to be able to scan for vulnerable extensions as it's not 100% clear to me after reading the product description (Database component ).
Looking forward to your prompt reply so I can proceed with my order!
Chris.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by cpartsenidis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #968 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic SecurityCheck Pro Feature
Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your interest in my extensions!

Yes, Securitycheck Pro is able to monitor for new files and even for a minimal change in any file, and every new/modified file is analyzed looking for suspicious patterns. Unfortunately, current versions don't provide the option to send an email, but I will add the option in future releases.

Securitycheck Pro Database Update is not required to look for vulnerable extensions; every version has a completed database with all vulnerabilities published until the date in which the extension is published. However, you have to wait until a new version to look for new vulnerabilities published between versions.
With Securitycheck Pro Database Update you will receive an update every time a new vulnerability is published, so you will have a real time vulnerabilities database.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cpartsenidis

• cpartsenidis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #969 by cpartsenidis
Replied by cpartsenidis on topic SecurityCheck Pro Feature
Thanks for your quick and prompt reply.
I'm going to opt to go with both SecurityCheck Pro and Database, despite the fact it doesn't support email - which is extremely useful. Eyesite currently offers this as a stand-alone feature, and it would incredibly useful to have it also in Security Check Pro. I'm going to use your product in combination with Eyesite in order to have the functionality, until you introduce it as well.
Many Thanks,
Chris.

• cpartsenidis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #970 by cpartsenidis
Replied by cpartsenidis on topic SecurityCheck Pro Feature
On another note, is there a package where I can purchase SecurityCheck Pro + Control Center + Database updates?
I'm going to install it on by wife's site as well, so I might as well check both sites from one control panel :) I also assume that the database updates only need to be purchased once and can be used amongst both of our sites - correct?
Thanks,
Chris.

More
3 years 8 months ago #971 by Jose
You're welcome Chris!

I promise you to add this feature in future versions.

Regards.

More
3 years 8 months ago #972 by Jose

On another note, is there a package where I can purchase SecurityCheck Pro + Control Center + Database updates?

No, Database Update it must be purchased separately.

I'm going to install it on by wife's site as well, so I might as well check both sites from one control panel :) I also assume that the database updates only need to be purchased once and can be used amongst both of our sites - correct?

Yes, you're right. Once purchased, you can use the extensions on unlimited websites!

Regards.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds