Security

• mrcutoutdb
  • Topic Author
More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #9297 by mrcutoutdb
Security was created by mrcutoutdb
Hello, We'd like to consider purchasing Securitycheck Pro for our website. However, we wanted to know what the software exactly provides, in particular:

- what kind of attacks on the website the plugin protects from?- does it check whether and which files might have changed due to the attack?
- does it block and secure the website from files inclusion?
- what other security options it provides and how they are performed?

Also we wanted to ask you whether there is possible testing the plugin before purchasing it?
Thank you!
Last edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by mrcutoutdb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #9298 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Security
Hi mrcutoutdb!

I'm Jose and i'm the owner and main developer of Securitycheck extensions. Thank you very much for your interest in my extensions!

Regarding to your questions:

1. - what kind of attacks on the website the plugin protects from?- does it check whether and which files might have changed due to the attack?

The web firewall protects your site against SQL Injection, Cross-site scripting, LFI and RFI, Headers modification, CSRF, clickjacking and brute force and dictionary attacks. The "File integrity" option will alert you of any new/modified file, even if the attack didn't come through Joomla, so this feature is extremelly useful for compromised servers.

2. - does it block and secure the website from files inclusion?

Yes.

3. - what other security options it provides and how they are performed?

There are many other features: file permissions checking, malware scanner, .htaccess protection, track failed login atttemps... There is a complete user guide here: [url] scpdocs.securitycheckextensions.com/ [/url] I can provide more detailed info if you need to clarify any option.

Also we wanted to ask you whether there is possible testing the plugin before purchasing it?

Sorry, but the extension is fully functional and there is no option to test it (imagine a "test" version not protection, for instance, against SQL injection attacks). There is a free version you can test it as basically has the same engine to protect against attacks, although the Pro version has a lot of extra features not present in the free version. Anyway, if you're not happy with the extension after purchasing it, I will refund the money :)

Regards,
Jose
Last edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Jose. Reason: Add info about to test the extension before purchasing it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds