Menu

Topic-icon Changes in the way I sell Securitycheck Extensions

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #7084 by Jose
TL;DR: From 04 September 2019, Securitycheck Extensions' Subscriptions will be sold from this site via Fastspring.com .

Why this?

When I started selling subscriptions for Securitycheck Extensions more than 8 years ago I decided to use Paypal for payment processing. Years ago I also added 2checkout.com as other option to receive payments.

In 2015, the European Union changed its VAT rules. This was an attempt to crack down on tax evasion by large multi-national companies who could base their European operations in countries with low tax rates. The new rules changed the "place of supply" for digital services so that VAT would be charged according to the rates and rules of the customer's country, not the seller's. Unfortunately this was not tempered with a turnover threshold, meaning that even the smallest businesses were required to comply.

Why now?

Recently the situation has become even more complex, with a number of other countries around the world also changing their "place of supply" rules.

Complying with the tax rules of more than 40 countries is obviously not possible for me, and with the Brexit set to possibly complicate the matter even further, I decided to move my sales operations to Fastspring.com - an online merchant that will sell my extensions on my behalf, while handling all the related tax issues. This will reduce my existing administrative burden, and take care of any future compliance issues we would have had to deal with otherwise.

So, from 04 September 2019, Securitycheck Extensions' Subscriptions will be sold from this site, via Fastspring.com .

From the customer point of view there should be very little difference when buying or renewing a Subscription, except for

• I need less information from you.
  • I don't need your billing address anymore, as I don't generate invoices for the purchase. This is handled by Fastspring. You only need to provide a name, username, email address and password.
  • Receipts, invoices and Subscription information are sent to you by Fastspring.
  • When you complete the purchase, your subscription is activated instantly, and you can access your downloads and Download id from My Account, as before.
    Fastspring will email you a receipt.
    I will still handle all product support, and queries relating to your subscription. Billing queries, ie: stuff to do with the payment you made, will be directed to Fastspring.
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Jose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds