• miktowers
  • miktowers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 11 months ago #3894 by miktowers
spam protection / massive ip blacklist was created by miktowers
Hi Jose, how are you?
A couple of suggestions. Recently I have a spam user that haver registered in several sites with domains hopto.com, mailer.ygto.com, etc. Is there a way to add those domains/ accounts/ user to a blacklist o spammer list?

and a suggestion for IP blacklisted. It could be nice to collect all blacklisted ips of all the sites in one big Blacklist. Don't know how. Maybe could reside in control center or in a service to share the blacklisted ips with other users.

And could be nice to have an option to block via htaccess. You told me before to add via custom code, but will be nice and more easy if we have an option to dinamically add them to htaccess.

Thanks for your great job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #3897 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic spam protection / massive ip blacklist
Hi Mik!

I'm fine thanks! I hope you too!

A couple of suggestions. Recently I have a spam user that haver registered in several sites with domains hopto.com, mailer.ygto.com, etc. Is there a way to add those domains/ accounts/ user to a blacklist o spammer list?

Currently there is no option because this info can be easily counterfeited. Do you have the spam protection plugin installed? If so users, emails and/or IPs are checked against the StopForumSpam database before they register in your site.

and a suggestion for IP blacklisted. It could be nice to collect all blacklisted ips of all the sites in one big Blacklist. Don't know how. Maybe could reside in control center or in a service to share the blacklisted ips with other users.

I thought about how to do this in the past, but finally I didn't do nothing. Maybe in a future I will add a service to collect all offensive IPs and create a big file of malicious IPs. It's not easy because IPs are dinamically assigned by ISPs, so an offensive IP now maybe will be valid in a future.

And could be nice to have an option to block via htaccess. You told me before to add via custom code, but will be nice and more easy if we have an option to dinamically add them to htaccess.

I will think how to do this in future versions.

Regards and thank you very much for your suggestions!!
Jose

• miktowers
  • miktowers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 11 months ago #3899 by miktowers
Replied by miktowers on topic spam protection / massive ip blacklist
Hi Jose!
Thanks for your comments.
Yes, I have the spamprotection installed in all my sites, checking name, email and IP. But this guy have registered in several sites using "test" as user, alex(anumber)@hopto.com (or other spammy domain). Since the IP's user is not loged at registration, I can do nothing. Just erase his/her account, waiting for his end boring.
Best!

More
1 year 11 months ago #3901 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic spam protection / massive ip blacklist
Hi Mik,

You're welcome!

I will check the spam protection plugin to see why it's not adding the IP.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds