File integrity check always incorrectly detects files with Umlauts since update

More
7 months 4 weeks ago - 7 months 4 weeks ago #9130 by solv
Since I've recently updated to a new version, I constantly get alerts from the integrity check about new files.

There are three issues with that: 
1. These are not new files. It's always the same. 
2. It seems to affect files that contain a German umlaut character (ä,ö, ü) or similar special characters. 
3. These files are not executable.
And SecurityCheck Pro tells me "Scan executable files only option is ENABLED". So why are they even scanned? (And where can I actually configure that? I didn't find these settings). I've attached some parts of the log which show the issue (also you can see that the error message is sometimes in German and in this case also contains a wrong Umlaut encoding (ä instead of ä). I would be glad to stop these alerts.

Thanks for your help, Philippe   
Last edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Jose. Reason: Remove file to avoid path disclosure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #9131 by Jose
Hi Philippe,

Are those files/folder excluded? I have noticed that the method I use to get the file name is not working with German chars, so I will check it how to solve this.

Is there any way I can download a backup of the site to do some tests? If so please contact me privately.

Regards,
Jose

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #9133 by solv
Ah you're right. I have recently removed file exclusions from the list, so that only folders are excluded. I didn't remember that I previously added the single files exactly for this reason... Now I've added them again and it's fine. It doesn't have high priority in this case for me. Although, every time a user uploads a file with a German Umlaut, it will alert again. But that happens rarely.
Regarding the backup: Wouldn't any Joomla installation with Securitycheck Pro and German umlaut files behave in the same way?

Philippe

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #9134 by Jose
Hi Philippe,

I have been working on this and I think the problem is solved. The problem came from the way I store filenames; to avoid problems I stored them in utf-8 format, but this doesn't work for special chars.

Do you want I send you the modified file so you can check it? Or do you prefer to way till next version?

Regards,
Jose

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #9135 by solv
Cool! Your speed is amazing! :-) Yes please send me the file, I can test it.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #9136 by Jose
The following user(s) said Thank You: solv

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds