I have recently upgraded about 20 websites to PHP 8. SecurityCheck Pro 3.4.2 works fine on all of them except one. On this website, the WAF Configuration page has lost it's CSS and functionality. The pie chart of Historical percentage of logs on the Dashboard is also missing. If I switch back to PHP7.4 - the pages display and function correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SecurityCheck Pro without any success. I have also tried "fix database".
For some reason the extension can't access to the css files or there is a cache issue. Did you try clearing your browser's cache and also enabling the developer tools of the browser to see what's happening?
Yes, and half the code inside the header tags was missing, but it was not a caching issue, and no issues showed up in any developer modes.
Actually, the problem was a bit bigger, and nothing to do with SecurityCheck Pro.
(This is just in case anyone else has a similar PHP8 problem on a site that is not more than a couple of years old)
I discovered that I also had a 500 error and a white page when I tried to open or create a new article. After Googling that problem, and whilst on PHP8, I reinstalled the core Joomla files, and fixed the DB – didn’t help either. Then I got the bright idea to go and check my Updates Sites. There I found that my JCE Editor Pro update site was switched off. Once switched back on I was able to update that component and all my problems went away.
Have a great weekend, all.
No, Jose... ALL the problems were sorted out by that JCE Editor Pro upgrade.. go figure That means the SecurityCheck Pro issues as well. Funny that the SCP issues were only on two pages in your component.
Have a great weekend.