Menu

Topic-icon Removes settings

• HBAGG
  • HBAGG's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8535 by HBAGG
Removes settings was created by HBAGG
Hi there
I have waited a few weeks before reporting this as I thought I was going a bit crazy.
However I can now confirm that certain settings are being changed = I have set 'forbid new admin accounts' to 'yes' several times and now can prove in all certainty that somehow this setting is being changed. I took a screen shot just over a week ago confirming to myself that I had set this, and now logging on the back end it had reverted to 'no'. I always have this set to yes on most of my websites. 
Second I have also added my IP to the whitelist several times and again it is being removed. I have just had to add again on two websites
Third - I have added a 'forbidden word' to the url inspector, also several times and it also has been removed again.

Please advise why this is happening and how to fix.
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8536 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Removes settings
Hi hbagg,

Some customers have reported this behaviour although I have not been able to reproduce it despite I have done tons of tests. I think something goes wrong when you save any setting and then the default settings are applied.

I apologize for this; will do some further investigation to avoid this. In the meantime you can export your settings regularly and import them if this happens again.

Regards,
Jose

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8537 by Jose
Hi again HBAGG,

I have been working to add an extra layer of validation when firewall configuration is saved. Let's see if that solves the issue since next version.

Regards,
Jose

• HBAGG
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8538 by HBAGG
Replied by HBAGG on topic Removes settings
Thanks - I'll let you know after the update if it makes a difference :-)

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #8539 by Jose
You're welcome! 

Regards,
Jose

• HBAGG
More
6 months 1 day ago #8570 by HBAGG
Replied by HBAGG on topic Removes settings
Hi There
I updated last week and now again have found that my settings have changed... forbid new admin accounts, forbid frontend login, IP whitelist address removed, forbidden word removed.
All these were added and checked after the update.. Can you please let me know how I can keep these 'saved' Many thanks

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds