Menu

Topic-icon SecurityCheck Pro update from 3.2 to 3.2.1 fails.

• digithead
  • digithead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #8139 by digithead
Hello there,

First, I really don't believe this is a bug but I don't see another area that would be fitting for this issue.

My Joomla! installation is reporting an update for SecurityCheck Pro to 3.2.1 but all I get is this when updating:

Warning
Copy failed: /var/www/joomla/tmp/install_5f5a03e0002f9/com_securitycheckpro/frontend/index.html to /var/www/joomla/components/com_securitycheckpro/index.html
JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file /var/www/joomla/tmp/install_5f5a03e0002f9/com_securitycheckpro/frontend/index.html to /var/www/joomla/components/com_securitycheckpro/index.html
Component Update: Failed to copy site files.
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
You are strongly advised to make a backup of your installation before you start updating.

I suspect this is an issue folder permissions within my site as I have another component that's showing an update available but generates the same error when updating.

Apache logs aren't showing any errors so I'm sort of lost as to where to look at this point.
Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #8140 by Jose
Hi digithead,

This is a permissions issue. In a local environment this is solved with the 'chown' command (usually applied to the www-data user and group).

Please, be fully sure the user who runs Apache have the rights access and all folders are writable (you can check this into Joomla).

Regards,
Jose

• digithead
  • digithead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #8141 by digithead
Hi Jose,

OK, I'm putting on "The Cone of Shame" now. Sure enough there were several sub-folders owned by user and group "root" that should not have been there. A quick chown -R to www-date:www-data and *poof* ... problem solved.

Bless you and thank you! :cheer:

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #8142 by Jose
Glad to hear you sorted it out! :)

Regards and take care,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds