• azurelinksc
  • azurelinksc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 month 1 day ago #7968 by azurelinksc
Current IP not displaying in WAF List Area was created by azurelinksc
Hi Jose,
I just upgraded to SCP 3.2 running on Joomla 3.9.19 and PHP 7.3.
I noticed that in the WAF Configuration that when I go to the Whitelist area, it isn't displaying my current IP address.
See attached screenshot...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #7969 by Jose
Hi azurelinksc,

It's weird as that part of the extension remains untouched since some versions ago. Are you using an vpn? Can you check if there is any error using the "Developer" tools of your browser?

Regards,
Jose

• azurelinksc
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
4 weeks 2 days ago #7978 by azurelinksc
Replied by azurelinksc on topic Current IP not displaying in WAF List Area
Hi Jose,
Following up on this...
It seems to be working now. No, I'm not on a VPN.
The site was running behind a Sucuri firewall on a VPS (DV) provided by Media Temple. And it did appear that from time to time, the IP displayed by SCP on the lists pane wasn't my IP address. Also, various first-time visitors were being blacklisted — so I guessed that some hacker was triggering a blacklist in SCP when accessing through the Sucuri IP, which then affected anyone coming to the site under the firewall IP. I whitelisted the firewall IP as revealed in two A records in the dns for the domain name and for the www subdomain. But the problem still occurred. One of my developers in India was blacklisted yesterday, even though his IP was already whitelisted in SCP.
I took the site off of the Sucuri firewall yesterday, and edited the two A records to point to the actual server IP. Today he is not blocked. So it does appear to be the Sucuri firewall which was triggering the blacklisting in SCP — with a proxy IP address.
By the way, my IP is the correct IP now as displayed in the SCP List area.
This was a frustrating revelation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #7980 by Jose
Hi azurelink,

It's odd the method I use to get the real IP was not able to get it... Since I implemented it nobody behind a firewall, proxy or cdn blocked to all visitors when an attack is detected... I will do some further investigation about Sucuri firewall...

Regards,
Jose

• azurelinksc
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
5 days 22 hours ago #8083 by azurelinksc
Replied by azurelinksc on topic Current IP not displaying in WAF List Area
Hi Jose, I disabled the Sucuri Firewall and the problem seems to have stopped. But... there is another possible cause having to do with the Shortcodes Ultimate extension, which I will create a separate Topic for.

More
5 days 21 hours ago #8084 by Jose
Hi azurelinksc,

Thanks for reporting this. I still have not have the option to check Sucuri headers.

But... there is another possible cause having to do with the Shortcodes Ultimate extension, which I will create a separate Topic for.

Ok, I wll reply to it there.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds