• laweb
  • laweb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #355 by laweb
Site down - In progress was created by laweb
Hello,
after adjusting the CMOD in the files manager my website went offline only showing: "In progress" on a blank page. Even the backend was not reachable. To get the site back online i renamed all securitycheck folders on the webspace. But the backend is still not working.
Please help me.

Thanks
Marco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #356 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Site down - In progress
Hi Marco,

What's CMOD?
If there is something which could interfere with the entire site is the Web Application Firewall, and there is an easy way to disable it: please follow the following instructions (just change 'System - Securitycheck' to 'System - Securitycheck Pro'). You should be able to access to the entire site and there should be, at least, an entry in the View Web Firewall logs. Please, tell me its content.

Regards.

More
6 years 8 months ago #357 by Jose
Hi again Marco,

There is another thing than could break your site. As you can see in the user guide (page 38 - System Info), when your 'Memory limit' value is not high enough for your site, your site may crash when you launch a File Manager/Integrity task.

This value has been set to 512M by default, which is a valid value for sites with 150.000 files. Do you have more than 150.000 files in your site?

Regards.

• laweb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #358 by laweb
Replied by laweb on topic Site down - In progress
hi,

sorry i meant CHMOD. But as i wrote i cannot access the admin backend anymore. So i donnot know how to change the settings. I am not sure about the number of files, but that is possible as i got an out of memory error while the files were processed. How can i fix it now?
thx

More
6 years 8 months ago #359 by Jose
Try this:
Access to your mysql database and disable the Cron plugin (see attachement). You can also do it manually with the following command:
UPDATE `#__extensions` SET `enabled` = 0 WHERE `name` = 'System - Securitycheck Pro Cron'

Tell me if this allows you to access your backend.

Regards.
Attachments:

• laweb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #360 by laweb
Replied by laweb on topic Site down - In progress
thx that works. i disabled the firewall now and enabled it again. Everything seems to run fine again now. do i need to enable the cron plugin again? for what features is it a requirement?

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds