Menu

Topic-icon SecurityCheck Pro - Has both MySQL tables and MYD files - What I did

• todd.herman@toddherman.com
  • todd.herman@toddherman.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #7082 by todd.herman@toddherman.com
I am trying to troubleshoot some issues with my Joomla 3.9.11 site on WIMP stack, and see that SecurityCheck Pro has both tables in the MySQL database (ibdata1 - using InnoDB) and MYD files in the joomla_site_db folder and 6 of the MYD files are dated today.

Also note - there are a few more tables than MYD files.

See snip - pls ignore the 2 likeme MYD files at top of list.

QUESTION - is this behavior normal, or can I delete the MYD and MYI files named todj36_securitycheckpro* ?

Thanks,
Todd Herman

File Attachment:

File Name: SecurityCh...pped.zip
File Size:946 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #7083 by Jose
Hi Todd,

To be honest, I don't know anything about your question as I usually work on LAMP environments and I don't navigate to database folders. This is what Mysql's official site says about those files: dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en/myisam-introduction.html

When you say:

CREATE TABLE Table1 ...

MySQL creates files named Table1.MYD ("MySQL Data"), Table1.MYI ("MySQL Index"), and Table1.frm ("Format"). These files will be in the directory:

/<datadir>/<database>/

For example, if you use Linux, you might find the files in the /usr/local/var/test directory (assuming your database name is test). if you use Windows, you might find the files in the \mysql\data\test\ directory.

So IMO you should not delete them.

Regards,
Jose

• todd.herman@toddherman.com
  • todd.herman@toddherman.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #7087 by todd.herman@toddherman.com
Replied by todd.herman@toddherman.com on topic SecurityCheck Pro - Has both MySQL tables and MYD files - What I did
Jose - thanks for your comments and helpful link.
Here's what I did - and before I did either, I used VMware to take a snapshot of my Joomla VM.

First, I downed IIS, deleted the MYD and MYI files, and then restarted IIS - result was site that would not start, so rolled back to VMware snapshot.

Second, I uninstalled SecurityCheck Pro, downed IIS, deleted any remaining tables in InnoDB, deleted the MYD/MYI/FRM files from the server's drive, restarted IIS, and reinstalled SecurityCheck Pro. This time, there were ONLY tables in InnoDB and NO MYD/MYI/FRM files, and that was my goal - to get rid of all the ISAM stuff and have everything inside the InnoDB.
Thanks for your help!
Best, Todd

More
2 months 1 week ago #7088 by Jose
That's great Todd!

Thank you very much for sharing your solution here.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds