• Timeforsmilin
  • Timeforsmilin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #6267 by Timeforsmilin
Scroll to select was created by Timeforsmilin
Hi Jose,

Sorry for the delay! Yes, the problem happens for sure on all three of those pages.

I stopped using your software for most of the settings in htaccess, as well as the http_headers plugin from the developers. If the admin buttons stop working, I need to be able to edit the problem easily, rather than editing the db row through c-panel. I do think this is related to the htaccess file though.

The only complaint from security headers.com about corporateone.ca or scbuilder.ca is the use of unsafe-inline and unsafe-eval, but you can clearly see my entries using that domain. I have expose_php set to off, as well as your signature disable set, but it still says the server is advertising what it is. That is minimal compared to not checking malware complaints after upgrading to J3.9.

Thanks!
Louis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6268 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Scroll to select
Hi Louis,

Which browser are you using? Did you try with other browsers? Can you send me an screenshot?

I stopped using your software for most of the settings in htaccess, as well as the http_headers plugin from the developers. If the admin buttons stop working, I need to be able to edit the problem easily, rather than editing the db row through c-panel. I do think this is related to the htaccess file though.

Some settings of the .htaccess need more attention to avoid issues (mainly Content-Security-Policy and Referrer-policy), but you can use all the others safely. All of them have been comprehensively tested during years and work fine.

Regards,
Jose

• Timeforsmilin
  • Timeforsmilin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 month 1 week ago #6269 by Timeforsmilin
Replied by Timeforsmilin on topic Scroll to select

Timeforsmilin wrote: Hi Jose,

Sorry for the delay! Yes, the problem happens for sure on all three of those pages.

The only complaint from security headers.com about corporateone.ca or scbuilder.ca is the use of unsafe-inline and unsafe-eval, but you can clearly see my entries using that domain. I have expose_php set to off, as well as your signature disable set, but it still says the server is advertising what it is. That is minimal compared to not checking malware complaints after upgrading to J3.9.

Thanks!
Louis

Update:
I troubleshoot, so here's what I think the problem is. I compared the 2 sites, and scbuilder didn't seem to have the visibility problem, yet there was still no horizontal scroll. I haven't updated this site to J3.9 yet, so I also checked Administrator templates; they are both the same stock Joomla template. I had to zoom way out on corporateone.ca to see the selection boxes, so I compared that to scbuilder.ca, and found I could see them there. The difference: I was using Safari on the first site, and Firefox on the second. It seems to be your CSS, as Safari is not wrapping the text to fit the viewport size. Neither displays a horizontal scroll bar.

Cheers!
Louis

More
1 month 1 week ago #6270 by Jose
Replied by Jose on topic Scroll to select
Thank for the update Louis. To be honest I don't use Safari so much, so I will check what's happening.

Regards,
Jose

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds