Menu

Topic-icon Warning message in Securitycheck Pro: can't open localhost/extension.xml

  • azurelinksc
  • azurelinksc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #4186 by azurelinksc
I'm getting the following error warning when going to Securitycheck Pro in the administrator area:

Warning
Update: Could not open update site #1 "Joomla! Core", URL: localhost/extension.xml

It does not appear on any other pages in the administrator area, which leads me to think it has something to do with Securitycheck Pro.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #4187 by Jose
Hi azurelink,

When you go to the main panel of the extension it looks for updates in the Joomla update site, but for some reason it's pointing to your localhost.

Is this a site on a virtual machine? If not, do you know if there is a redirection in your DNS?

Regards,
Jose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • azurelinksc
  • azurelinksc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #4188 by azurelinksc
Hola Jose,
This is on a VPS, but I don't think it is a redirection issue.
I noticed that in the Extensions: Update Sites page, there are actually two separate line items for the Joomla Core. (I compared it to another site.)
One has the "Joomla Core" title with the "localhost" url. The other has no title, but it has the " update.joomla.org/core/list.xml " url.
I don't know how that happened. Do you know how I can fix it?
Maybe modifying the database in phpMyAdmin to put the correct URL in the first one, and deleting the second record? (I tried deleting the first record in the administrator, but it said it could not be deleted.)
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • azurelinksc
  • azurelinksc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #4189 by azurelinksc
Hola Jose,
Okay, I fixed it in phpMyAdmin.
I backed up the database first.
When looking at the table #_update_sites, since the record with the title was the id: 1, I decided I would just copy the correct URL — update.joomla.org/core/list.xml — and overwrite the "localhost" url and save it. Then I deleted the extra record.
I looked at the #_update_sites_extensions table and saw that both records had the same data, so I could delete the duplicate one.
No warning message when going to the Securitycheck Pro Control Panel.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by azurelinksc. Reason: Made changes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #4190 by Jose
Hola Bruce!

I'm glad to hear you sorted this out.

I don't know what can be the cause of this (I haven't seen this before).

Regards,
Jose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • azurelinksc
  • azurelinksc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #6207 by azurelinksc
Gotta love it when you run into a problem and Google it, and my own solution from a year ago comes up! Ha ha!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Login or Sign In