- Securitycheck Pro changelog
- Control Center changelog
- Spam Protection changelog
|IPv6 supported||Yes||Yes (CIDR ranges allowed)|
|Blacklist||Yes||Yes (ip ranges blocking allowed)|
|Whitelist||Yes||Yes (ip ranges blocking allowed)|
|Second level protection||Yes||Yes (configurable)|
|Base 64 check||Yes||Yes|
|User session protection||Yes||Yes|
|Session hijacking protection||No||Yes|
|Forbid new administrative accounts||No||Yes|
|Track failed login attempts||No||Yes|
|File Manager||Yes||Yes (Repair option included)|
|Protection against malicious user-agents||No||Yes|
Jun 19 2017: Released version 2.8.20
- + Database update until Jun 19 2017 (5 new vulnerabilities and 9 new Joomla core vulnerabilities added) (both versions).
- + Deleted Facebook User agent from default banned user-agents list (Only Pro version).
- + Added the ability to create an restore a backup of the original .htaccess file (Only Pro version).
- This way the original .htaccess is kept and we can restore it if needed.
- + Fixed bug in blacklist (thanks for reporting this Harry!) (Only Pro version).
- Ips were not deleted of dynamic blacklist after the specified interval.
- + Fixed bug adding more than one email to 'Emails notification' (thanks for reporting this Alain!)(Only Pro version).
- Due to hardenize the code multiple values in the 'Email To' field reported an incorrect validation.
- + Checking the new "Shared sessions" feature (both versions).
- If the new feature "shared sessions" is enabled 'User sessions protection' feature will be automatically disabled to avoid a denial of service.
- + Added new plugin: Securitycheck Pro installer (Only Pro version).
- Now we also can update the extension using the native Joomla core feature.
- + Fixed bug in User session protection feature (thanks for reporting this Dimitris!) (Only Pro version).
- After a failed login attempt the IP was added to dynamic blacklist.
- + Fixed css issue in logs screen (both versions).
- + Added select box to choose the option to determine component involved (both versions).
- There is a way to determine the extension involved accurately, but it fails on some Joomla installations. Now we can choose if we want to use it.
- + Fixed minor bug in url inspector (Only Pro version).
- Now it chechks if there is an empty value in suspicious words list.
- + Added Dutch translation (again) (only free version).
- Erwin, thank you very very much for your time and effort.
- + Fixed bug checking IP ranges in CIDR format (Only Pro version).
- There was a bug checking IPv4 ips into a CIDR range.
- + Improving in the feature "Import Ips" to lists (Only Pro version).
- Now we trim return carriages before importing the list.
- + Fixed minor bug in backend protection exceptions (Only Pro version).
- + Improvements in Update Database feature (Only Pro version).
- Now we also look for the "Download id" in Configuration option of Securitycheck Pro.
- + Improvements in main panel (Only Pro version).
- Now we also see the status of our subscriptions.
- + Improvements in update notifications for Control Center (Only Pro version).
- + Fixed minor bug in onlinecheck agains OPSWAT (Only Pro version).
- Due to a change in the OPSWAT response the info when a file/hash submitted is not found was incorrect.
- + Fixed bug related to non-utf8 filenames (Only Pro version).
- There was a bug transforming non-utf8 filenames to utf-8.
Apr 17 2017: Released version 2.8.19
- + Database update until Apr 17 2017 (46 new vulnerabilities added) (both versions).
- + Improvements in malware scanner (thanks for your contribution Igor!) (Only Pro version).
- + Fixed bug in Control Center (Only Pro version).
- Fixed bug updating the Joomla core using Securitycheck Pro Control Center in PHP 7.
- + Improvements in .htaccess protection (Only Pro version).
- Now we can choose to which url will be redirected all attempts to access the backend without the secret key.
- + Fixed minor bug exporting info(Only Pro version).
- If the site name contains spaces filename to be exported was generated without the extension.
- + New feature: url inspector (Only Pro version).
- The url inspector allows us to ban IPs that use forbidden words in urls. This way we have a powerful mechanism to control all queries to our website, even those that are redirected to a 404 page. For example, if we receive an url to access to wp-admin.php, that is typical of Wordpress sites, the url inspector can be configured to add the IP to blacklist because it's clear that it's not a valid query. This feature doesn't break other sef extensions installed.
- + Changed log icons (Only Pro version).
- All icons have been replaced with new ones with a more fresh style.
- + Fixed minor (and rare) issue causing a blank page on main panel (Only Pro version).
- + Improvements in default banned user-agent list (thanks for your contribution Marko!) (Only Pro version).
- + Minor improvement in geoblock Geolite update (Only Pro version).
- Now we see the error code if for some reason the extension can't reach Maxmind servers.
Feb 24 2017: Released version 2.8.18
- + Fixed XSS vulnerability (thanks for your contribution Paul and Dominic!) (both versions).
Jun 19 2017: Released version 1.1.17
- + Fixed grammar issues in english translation
- Thanks for your contribution Richie!
- + Fixed bug updating Securitycheck Pro (thanks for reporting this Richie!)
- Updating the extension ended with an error message.
- + Added new plugin: Securitycheck Pro Control Center installer
- Now we also can update the extension using the native Joomla core feature.
- + Improvements in main panel
- Now we also see the status of our subscription.
- + Improvements in remote backup with Akeeba
- Now we can select the profile to launch the remote backup.
- + Changes in a task (thank you very much for your suggestion Kai!)
- The "Delete all blocked acccess logs" task is now "Delete all logs". This means ALL logs of remote sites will be deleted if we launch this task.
- + Improvements in update notifications (thanks for your suggestion Pablo!)
- Now we see installed and available version (as Joomla does) on each update found.
- + Fixed minor bug during core update (thanks for your suggestion Kai!)
- By mistake this process created a new path into de administrator folder.
- + Changes in Manage Websites screen (thanks for your suggestion Kai!)
- Now we also see the date of last file permissions, integrity and malware scans.
Apr 20 2017: Released version 1.1.16
- + Fixed minor bug in manage websites screen.
- First time the "select all checkboxes" button is clicked no data is sent to tasks.
Apr 17 2017: Released version 1.1.15
- + Source code hardened.
- + Fixed bug in Upload&install feature (thanks for your time and patience Mik!)
- If the site with Control Center installed was stored into a subfolder this feature didn't work.
- + Fixed spelling mistakes in english language and missing images (thank your your help Richie!)
- + Fixed bug creating remote backups (thanks for reporting this Tomasz!)
- Remote backups failed sometimes using the "Make backup" button of main page.
- + Added more info to Cron (thanks for reporting this Tomasz!)
- Now we can see when the next cron task will be launched.
- + Improvements in Manage websites (thank you all for your patience!)
- Now checkboxes are taking into consideration to Upload&install and refresh tasks!!
- + Fixed minor bug creating remote backups
- The pop-up showing progress was blank during backup process.
Dec 22 2016: Released version 1.0.3
- + Fixed bug: IP was not added to logs.
Jun 27 2016: Released version 1.0.2
- + Now we can choose which parameters (email, ip and username) must be checked against the StopForumSpam (requieres Securitycheck Pro).
May 31 2016: Released version 1.0.1
- + Fixed bug checking against the Stopforumspam server that could cause a false positive.